• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***The Official Phenom II Overclocking Thread***

Soldato
1.4v is perfectly fine, because they run so cool I can't see 1.45-1.5 being too much tbh.

I run a higher NB instead of clock because it offers a greater performance boost - my trade off was 100MHz.

Soldato
OP
BSOD's on Vista boot-up if take NB/HT to 2.6GHz, but to be honest, havn't really tried 2.2 or 2.4, but will give it a go soon. Will I notice much speed increase?

u will see a boost..

1.30-1.35v on the cpu-nb will/should get u to 2.6ghz.
Also, is this voltage ok as a 24 hr voltage? Is it decreasing life by much?

amd site says max recommend voltage is 1.5v so u are fine.

Last edited:
Associate
It worked :) 2.4GHz first time!

Will push for 4GHz soon!

Phenom-1.jpg

Associate
HT speed, I'd keep it around 1.8 - 2.0 just to remove it from the OC equation. Once happy with everything else you can see for yourself if HT speed makes a difference.

Associate
Highest stable speed i can get is 3.5-3.55 on my 720BE can get into windows at 3.6 but all stress tests fail within minutes tried every possible combination of multiplier/ fsb i could seems like its the limit for my chip upped voltage to 1.5 and nb voltage was at 1.3 but that didnt make any dif

Soldato
Highest stable speed i can get is 3.5-3.55 on my 720BE can get into windows at 3.6 but all stress tests fail within minutes tried every possible combination of multiplier/ fsb i could seems like its the limit for my chip upped voltage to 1.5 and nb voltage was at 1.3 but that didnt make any dif

Same as my chip!

Back
Top Bottom