*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
Sony have gone out of their way to ensure this time around the PS4 is much more comfortable to develop on then the PS3 was. The fact that the hardware is much more like a PC means we should see companies get the most of the console much much earlier then with the previous generation.

I think Sony saw the errors of their ways with the PS3 and have done an excellent job of addressing them.

Associate
People are stating the ps4 isn't backwards compatible, but theoretically it is when coupled with Gaikai? It would be great to play your past psn purchases, no downloading just jump straight in.

Associate
I just think people are idiots that buy the new Xbox console to be fair.

Most of my gaming was done on the 360 and I don't regret buying into Live cause I met some good people to play with etc but there is next to no exclusives on the console and the only thing you get from Live is multiplayer and the features from PS+ blow that out the water at least for me cause I would only play Live in short bursts so would just buy 3 month game time cards.

There is no question that PS4 will have the better exclusives this gen again because all you need to do is look at the PS3.

Microsoft have just gone full retard with the Xbox One.

Soldato
Personally I think Sony learned from the PS3 and decided right this time around PS4 will be for gamers. Watching the Sony conference they were constantly saying "this is made for gamers and developers". They had a fair few developers at the conference as well saying how much they prefer this platform. Which is pretty good considering most developers seemed to hate the Cell architecture of PS3.

That said E3 should be really interesting to see what games get shown off. Hopefully with some in game footage from the XO and PS4 rather than just tech demos.

I'm also really looking forward seeing SE at E3. Those guys really know how to wind people up ! its extremely amusing.

Caporegime
People are stating the ps4 isn't backwards compatible, but theoretically it is when coupled with Gaikai? It would be great to play your past psn purchases, no downloading just jump straight in.

All at some unspecified time in the future and all titles may not be available.

Soldato
Bethesda was deffo there so was SE and Capcom. Can't remember the rest, but yea I'm pretty sure there was a few first party ones too.

E3 BABY E3 !!!!! its going to rock. Shame I'll be at work during the live conferences :(

Caporegime
All at some unspecified time in the future and all titles may not be available.
Indeed and until we have specifics its less of a proof of concept than illumiroom is, at end of day I just have one question - 'Is it gonna cost?'. If it does, well I dont care enough about backwards compatibility then! I do hope though its part of a PS+ service, its not like I expect PS4 games for it...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
Loved my 360 for the first few years of it's life but the PS3 snatched it with cracking exclusives late on. Meanwhile, Microsoft were busy selling off their first party studios and concentrating on tv crap.

And lets not forget avatars... what on earth were they thinking.

Was someone in the Xbox division fired about 3 or 4 yrs ago? Can clearly see where it nose dived.

Anyhoo.... PS4 on pre-order. It's basically the new 360 that I wanted.

Soldato
Like others I'm jumping ship this coming gen. Microsoft has lost its way for a while now and Sony is doing everything right (they learned the hard way at the start of last gen). I'm glad the choice is so easy for me this time round.

Caporegime
I'm not convinced the fee to play a 2nd hand game will be so high tbh. It would be too off putting to consumers. £10 max I think. Yes that devalues your disc when you take it to CEX etc, but the writing has been on the wall for a while...

rp2000

Permabanned
Think I'll be going with the PS4 this time round, if they are priced similar then you definitely get more for your money with the PS4 in terms of hardware.

Back
Top Bottom