*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
Seen this reported in a few places now , basically auto downloads is very hit and miss it seems.

I thought the idea of standby mode was to download and install updates for games, but when I turn my ps4 on I get a notification of update added to downloads which it then installs itself but this should all be done in standby.

I have everything set but all my updates thus far have all downloaded when I turn on the ps4 , what gives?

Anyone else find this.

Soldato
Seen this reported in a few places now , basically auto downloads is very hit and miss it seems.

I thought the idea of standby mode was to download and install updates for games, but when I turn my ps4 on I get a notification of update added to downloads which it then installs itself but this should all be done in standby.

I have everything set but all my updates thus far have all downloaded when I turn on the ps4 , what gives?

Anyone else find this.

There's a setting to allow internet connection when in standby, make sure this is switched om.

Caporegime
stock has really slowed down the last two days and stockinformer no longer checks argos click and reserve, which doesn't help.

i don't think anymore will hit this close to christmas and they are trying to stock up enough to fulfil the Japanese launch.

remember Japan is their most loyal fanbase and they have had to wait the longest, they won't be happy if there is no stock for them.

i imagine all sorts of records will be broken in Japan.

Soldato
i don't think anymore will hit this close to christmas and they are trying to stock up enough to fulfil the Japanese launch.

remember Japan is their most loyal fanbase and they have had to wait the longest, they won't be happy if there is no stock for them.

Probably not even making them for japan yet, PS4 was released in a load more countries today

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/12/13/ps4-available-in-48-countries-from-today/

Hmm yeh looks like a bug

Caporegime
well anyway that proves my point they are focusing on launches elsewhere and for that they need major amounts of stock.

i wouldn't expect another big batch to hit the UK anytime soon.

Soldato
stock has really slowed down the last two days and stockinformer no longer checks argos click and reserve, which doesn't help.

I'm sure they have been blocked because of excess traffic it casues, the app's really fast now and also that they were being reserved and never bought. The guy in our local store said most had been reserved 8 times and nobody ever come in for them.

Stock has been trickling in everywhere, All the supermarkets got stock 2 days ago and even argos had a fair few today. Just keep looking and asking in stores and not over the phone etc and you will find one :)

Caporegime

Anyone else find this.

I concur. Seen it happen 3 times now. 2nd 2 times everything was ticked. No point in standby tbh.

rp2000

Caporegime
Mine seems to download it, but only updates when I switch it on - assumed that was the feature. Not really minded it as installs usually done pretty damn quick...

Seems hit and miss as I swear Ive had a few auto updates work fine in the past, not something Ive bothered to keep an eye on

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
Mine seems to download it, but only updates when I switch it on - assumed that was the feature. Not really minded it as installs usually done pretty damn quick...

Seems hit and miss as I swear Ive had a few auto updates work fine in the past, not something Ive bothered to keep an eye on

Same, which was pretty much the same for the PS3 as this was meant to download game patches etc using PS+ but most of the time it didn't. It did sync my PSN account and it does seem the PS4 is good at uploading game saves..

I take it game saves all sync to the PSN cloud, as this means I might not ever lose a savegame again - awesome..!!

Soldato
I concur. Seen it happen 3 times now. 2nd 2 times everything was ticked. No point in standby tbh.

rp2000

Goes to show that something is wrong somewhere , even my game saves don't sync to the cloud until I logout which is something that I don't intend to do as I just enter standby from the UI

Caporegime
Just noticed that BF4 (PS3) is on the 12 deals of xmas sale for 24.99. In the comments they confirm it can be upgraded to PS4 for £9.99.

It's not a game I was buying, but 34,99 for a digital copy seems like a bargain to me.

rp2000

Soldato
Go to Settings - Connection/Internet settings and run a connection test. Let us know what NAT type you're assigned when it tells you at the end.

Type 2 is what it says?

When I click multiplayer I got to server browser, and it just comes up with a tonne of servers but all say 0 of 64 players? Do I need to add friends on to psn to play with? Cant I just play with randomers across the world? I'm very lost when it comes to this :( I can click quick match and I seem to get a random open field etc. Help :(

Caporegime
Do you have to use the PS3 disc to play ?

I am no expert, but I believe you purchase the PS3 digital version on your PS account (I think you just need to buy and add to downloads, don't need to download on PS3). Then when you go to PS4 store on your console it will show you the BF4 under the PS3 to PS4 upgrades section. Then you have teh digital PS4 version.

No discs involved at all.

rp2000

Associate
Type 2 is what it says?

When I click multiplayer I got to server browser, and it just comes up with a tonne of servers but all say 0 of 64 players? Do I need to add friends on to psn to play with? Cant I just play with randomers across the world? I'm very lost when it comes to this :( I can click quick match and I seem to get a random open field etc. Help :(

I assume your playing BF4... the server browser is messed up, mine does that as well, try going into the filter (L3 or R3 I think) and changing a few things, I checked all the player number boxes and servers then come up.. Or just go to quick match and if you find a server u like that way it will be in your history

Back
Top Bottom