*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
I am no expert, but I believe you purchase the PS3 digital version on your PS account (I think you just need to buy and add to downloads, don't need to download on PS3). Then when you go to PS4 store on your console it will show you the BF4 under the PS3 to PS4 upgrades section. Then you have teh digital PS4 version.

No discs involved at all.

rp2000

Confirmed it works perfect. I just purchased BF3 on PSN and then the upgrade option comes up on PS4 no need to do anything else.

Cheers saves me messing with discs...

Caporegime
Confirmed it works perfect. I just purchased BF3 on PSN and then the upgrade option comes up on PS4 no need to do anything else.

Cheers saves me messing with discs...

The ease with which you did it is tempting me to do the same :)

p.s. The 12 deals thing is usually 48 hours only so you will have to be quick.

rp2000

Soldato
The ease with which you did it is tempting me to do the same :)

p.s. The 12 deals thing is usually 48 hours only so you will have to be quick.

rp2000

It saves me swapping discs about. It was very easy just check out with the PS3 version then on the PS4 under PS3 to PS4 upgrades the option is there for £9.99.

Just a quick 40GB download to do now. Shame it wont use the already installed disc version.

Last edited:
Soldato
I assume your playing BF4... the server browser is messed up, mine does that as well, try going into the filter (L3 or R3 I think) and changing a few things, I checked all the player number boxes and servers then come up.. Or just go to quick match and if you find a server u like that way it will be in your history

Just done this mate, but still every server says 0/64 players etc.... Wth am I doing wrong :(

Associate
Ok I seem to be able to join servers now!!!! FINALLY! Do I need a headset to communicate with people? Sorry again for all these n00b Q's :(

There is an ear piece/mic supplied with the PS4 to communicate with other people. I don't know how well it works I haven't tried it in action but contrary to many people I found it fits my ear quite well. Feels too big but actually it doesn't fall out even if I shake my head about a bit.

Associate
BF4 is downloading slooooow. First time since launch I've seen the psn not max out my connection, including launch day.

Can only presume it's all the people grabbing bf4 at the same time.

Soldato
BF4 is downloading slooooow. First time since launch I've seen the psn not max out my connection, including launch day.

Can only presume it's all the people grabbing bf4 at the same time.

Mine was maxxed earlier and it downloaded far quicker than expected. I imagine everyone has now come home from work and on PSN.

Soldato
Just got round to completing Killzone. I ended chapter 10, kinda wished that stealth skill was available throughout so you could have played a more stealthy game if you had wanted. Ah well. Enjoyed that game, very pretty. I can see why people were a little bored in places, it didn't hold my attention for too long hence the long time to complete it.

Soldato
very tempted with BF4 but i still have Knack, Lego, COD, Assasins Creed and Need for Speed to complete and its been an expensive enough month already.

with the vita remote play going digital is more and more tempting but i cant justify the full price when i like to sell on my games when i am finished

Back
Top Bottom