• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Ronin looks very disappointing so far from what I have seen. Will likely wait a little before I decide on picking it up.

Initial reviews seem to mirror our initial thoughts. Mediocre graphics and generic open world quests.

Soldato
Yeah, looks a bit generic though I haven’t really seen enough of the gameplay/mechanics to decide.

I’m hoping there’s more to it than just another ghosts of Tsushima stroll from waypoint to waypoint collect-athon as that bored me after a couple of hours.

I’m a bit disappointed that it and stellar blade look so similar in terms of their gameplay. Both just look like expansions to ghosts of Tsushima and Nier automata rather then being something new. fingers crossed there’s more to them than it looks like from the promo footage.

I’d hoped with the move away from cross gen and these being PS5 only we might see more innovation.
From what I can gather, some reviewers have had a portion of early access however have been supplied with footage to use online in their videos. Hence why everyone of them looks the same.

I may be wrong but it looks like it mashes all the worst parts of far cry and assassins creed together with some graphics that arent as good as GOT to create something above average. What’s the point?
Ninja Gaiden on the OG Xbox is in my top ten games of all time. Just give us something like that!

Soldato
I genuinely can't see why you'd need 4TB (plus onboard storage) of games installed at any one time, even with a slow connection. The more storage you have, the more inclined you are to fill it with stuff you'll never play.

I have a 1TB drive and find that more than sufficient, but I can also download a game in a few minutes if need be.
Was just wondering what the situation was. I've noticed that above 2TB the prices get silly high so wasn't sure if this was why 2TB was always suggested.

Soldato
Personally, I find the standard ps5 internal storage really restrictive as it’s only space for 5-6 larger game installs.

On slower broadband you could be looking at 8+hours overnight to install a large game so you really need an extra terabyte or two of storage if you’re in that situation IMO.
I ordered a 1tb external for my PS4 games as that makes it a bit easier. Once I uninstalled COD cold war that freed up something like 200gb:eek:. It's annoying it's not even a 1tb internally like the Xbox. I find I don't have that much time to play games (maybe an hour or 2 a day) so only having a few is fine with me as I can just download the next one while I'm working my way down my list. If there was a way to queue downloads, that would be quite cool (although I'm sure there's a play later option, not sure if that's just a reminder list).

Soldato
I ordered a 1tb external for my PS4 games as that makes it a bit easier. Once I uninstalled COD cold war that freed up something like 200gb:eek:.

Single player stuff isn’t really a problem. As you say you can always line them up so they’re ready.

I find it’s mainly multiplayer games I find an issue. As often my friends will message me saying “do you want a game COD, Diablo, Street fighter, Gran Turismo, etc . that’s about 400gb and 2/3rds of the PS5 usable storage straightaway just for them!

So I find myself not wanting to uninstall certain games if it means an overnight re-installs and having to turn down my mates when they want a game!

Last edited:
Soldato
Single player stuff isn’t really a problem as you can always live them up so they’re ready.

I dims it’s mainly multiplayer games I find an issue. As often my friends will message me saying “do you want a game COD, Diablo, Street fighter, Gran Turismo, etc (that’s about 400gb and 2/3rds of the PS5 storage straightaway!).

So I find myself not wanting to uninstall certain games if it means an overnight re-installs and having to turn down my mates when they want a game!
Easy fix. Ditch your friends. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Single player stuff isn’t really a problem. As you say you can always line them up so they’re ready.

I find it’s mainly multiplayer games I find an issue. As often my friends will message me saying “do you want a game COD, Diablo, Street fighter, Gran Turismo, etc . that’s about 400gb and 2/3rds of the PS5 usable storage straightaway just for them!

AHH I see what you mean. I have no online friends so it's never been a problem :cry: .

Soldato
That game has got so much hype from a developer that has produced nothing but weeb mobile games. Incredible really.
I have huge doubts its going to be an actual good game.
People who played the demo last month when it got released by accident say the gameplay is good a mix of dmc/mgr and bayo. We shall soon see! Looking forward to Friday

Soldato
That game has got so much hype from a developer that has produced nothing but weeb mobile games. Incredible really.
I have huge doubts its going to be an actual good game.

The demo videos that went up on YouTube looked fun. I don't think it's going to be groundbreaking but I don't think it's trying/needs to be either.

Initial impressions suggest they're putting out what looks like a solid game to me.

Soldato
Stellar Blade Looks utterly uninspired and quite generic from what I've seen of it so far but time will tell. Hopefully there's some substance and depth lurking underneath the surface.

Certainly won't be in a rush to buy it based on the current footage though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom