• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***The Official Q6600 Overclocking Thread ***

Associate
No its not, the P5B is an old board, it uses an older P965 chipset. I’m pretty sure not all of them had native support for 1333MHz CPU's. There just not geared up to extract the full oc potential of a quad core.

Why compare you current P35 board to an old P965 board?

Worth noting the P5B Deluxe with the 0505 bios could achieve 500MHz+ FSB with a dual core, they just dont fair as well with quads.

Soldato
[email protected] using a Zalman 9500 :) (relatively quiet, and relatively beasty :D)
EDIT: Oops, I made a typo when I added the notepad notes for the screenshot, its actually 1.37v VCore (Bios), not 1.39

34stable.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
is this ok for a first attempt :confused:

http://www.clandesertrats.co.uk/forums/imagehosting/104793951d11c3a.jpg

q6600 g0 @3.2ghz
evga 680i

temps seem a bit high for a tuniq tower tryed reseating it but still the same ish temps could a bios update fix it or make it worse ???????

any help or tips would be grateful :)

just release why my temps could be high

1047939b493bd58.jpg

from that image you can see that the fan is blowing aginst the partition of my case and not really going any where except back in to the flow of the fan on my cpu ?????????? could it be this

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom