• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

Associate
The 4090 was not smooth? strange (poss you had some kind of system unbalance), but ofc I prefer the 7900xtx as well.
yeah I can't quite put my finger on it, I have it connected to a 48 OLED tv with freesync and Gsync, maybe my eye just prefers freesync, I don't know but it definitely felt smoother with the 7900 xtx in some games.

Caporegime
yeah I can't quite put my finger on it, I have it connected to a 48 OLED tv with freesync and Gsync, maybe my eye just prefers freesync, I don't know but it definitely felt smoother with the 7900 xtx in some games.
I had a slight issue with my XTX where it wouldn't feel 100% *smooth* in Division2 for some reason (not a deal breaker), yet the 4080 seems absolutely fine with it (PG42UQ). Guess it's a totally subjective thing!

Associate
My friends. I don't know where else to go.

Supposedly this card can reach clock speeds of over 2500Mhz, but when playing GoW at 1080p i can't seem to maintain 60fps, and that tickles me in the wrong way, so i started trying things.

a) Use Vulkan API mod from nexus mods: 60fps, but constant stuttering when loading new areas. Discarded, since it ruins the experience even more.
b) Tried monitoring with the AMD adrenalin software, which also lets you overclock and undervolt
Results: The GPU clock never goes beyond 1600Mhz. When i saw this i was blafergasted. I couldn't believe it. I disabled UPLS and it didn't fix that. I overclocked. Nothing fixed my problem. I just wanted constant 60fps... At 1080p that should be a piece of cake right?

Could it be possible that the problem is the MEMORY CLOCK? Why is the main clock not getting "squeezed"?

Associate
My friends. I don't know where else to go.

Supposedly this card can reach clock speeds of over 2500Mhz, but when playing GoW at 1080p i can't seem to maintain 60fps, and that tickles me in the wrong way, so i started trying things.

a) Use Vulkan API mod from nexus mods: 60fps, but constant stuttering when loading new areas. Discarded, since it ruins the experience even more.
b) Tried monitoring with the AMD adrenalin software, which also lets you overclock and undervolt
Results: The GPU clock never goes beyond 1600Mhz. When i saw this i was blafergasted. I couldn't believe it. I disabled UPLS and it didn't fix that. I overclocked. Nothing fixed my problem. I just wanted constant 60fps... At 1080p that should be a piece of cake right?

Could it be possible that the problem is the MEMORY CLOCK? Why is the main clock not getting "squeezed"?
Can you list your hardware in detail.....

Back
Top Bottom