• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 7900 XT(X) Owners Thread.

Soldato
Does anyone have any experience of the Gigabyte 7900 XT Gaming OC?

Been offered it as a RMA replacement for a RX6950XT reference (or a partial refund, or a 7900 GRE when in stock).

The 6950XT was near silent, but I can't find much about the Gigabyte 7900XT and my only experience of a Gigabyte card was a Radeon 580 which sounded like Henry Hoover being attacked by a swarm of bees which is putting me off. I know the performance is an upgrade over the 6950 and 7900 GRE that has been offered, but I'm not sure I'm interested if it's going to be loud and hot.

Skipping through it, there's some comparisons in there.

It says it's on par with the Pulse cooler, I've got an xtx Pulse-it's decent.

Don't know what size your 6950 was, but these are big GPUs and the gigabyte support bracket goes past the length of the GPU in case that's an issue(you need to install some kind of support bracket).

More vram on the 79 would push me thataway as you can undervolt/under clock quite a bit to quieten the card=less heat/noise output.

Last edited:
Associate

Been offered it as a RMA replacement for a RX6950XT reference (or a partial refund, or a 7900 GRE when in stock).

The 6950XT was near silent, but I can't find much about the Gigabyte 7900XT and my only experience of a Gigabyte card was a Radeon 580 which sounded like Henry Hoover being attacked by a swarm of bees which is putting me off. I know the performance is an upgrade over the 6950 and 7900 GRE that has been offered, but I'm not sure I'm interested if it's going to be loud and hot.
Not seen anyone with that card mentioning it on this board. You can very easily bring the power usage down if the card is noisy by limiting the maximum GPU clock. That’s if you are not keen on under volting.

Last edited:
Soldato
That sucks, i got my mba xtx from b-grade and was totally fine, did you not ask ocuk if they could knock some money off for the damaged port, strange why they didnt point that out, unless they didnt test it?
My concern was with how the card was damaged what else had it been subjected to, it wasn't in an anti static bag, it had no port protectors on it. The first card was pretty much as new just with a dead HDMI, the second was most certainly not...

Soldato
My concern was with how the card was damaged what else had it been subjected to, it wasn't in an anti static bag, it had no port protectors on it. The first card was pretty much as new just with a dead HDMI, the second was most certainly not...

fair point, i wont lie my xtx came just in bubble wrap but after testing it for a few hours all was good, then watercooled it, i expected a anti static bag so like you i was a bit miffed, but for the price i got it i wasn't going to write it off until i tested it, Thankfully the card i got was good, if not, like you it would have been sent straight back.

Last edited:
Soldato
I am planning to get a 7900xtx pulse, nitro, or whatever one that is under 320mm long. I would like to know how the pulse compares to the nitro noise and temperature-wise, or is there a better alternative at that length?

Soldato
I am planning to get a 7900xtx pulse, nitro, or whatever one that is under 320mm long. I would like to know how the pulse compares to the nitro noise and temperature-wise, or is there a better alternative at that length?

pulse and nirto use the same pcb design, but the nitro uses a better cooler and is tweaked from factory to run faster with higher clocks, plus has a higher power limit, both cards use 3x8pins but if it was me the nitro would be top pick, from owners here the nitro is a really good card, cool and quiet.

Associate

I've been dithering and they've offered me a 7900 XT Tuf instead, which seems a very decent model albeit huge. Unfortunately it seems many reviews note horrible coil whine, something I'm very grateful my last card didn't have, having had some horrors!

I guess I could just try it and sell it on if it's a coil whine horror show

Soldato
I saw a power colour hellhound 7900xtx from a competitor for £800. There is much conflicting information about this card's cooler; some say the coil whine is unbearable and loud, while others say it's dead silent. Does anyone have this card, and what's the experience like? £200 cheaper than the nitro is quite a difference, that's why I want to know if the cooler and extra OC are worth the money.

Soldato
I saw a power colour hellhound 7900xtx from a competitor for £800. There is much conflicting information about this card's cooler; some say the coil whine is unbearable and loud, while others say it's dead silent. Does anyone have this card, and what's the experience like? £200 cheaper than the nitro is quite a difference, that's why I want to know if the cooler and extra OC are worth the money.
I had one and sent it back, the coil whine was awful, the cooler was very good which was a shame as it was a good card and quick but the coil whine in desktop/games was not something I could put up with.

Soldato
I have the 7900XT Hellhound. Had it 8 months, I only hear coil whine doing specific things but don't find it too loud or annoying. It's usually drowned out by my speakers or headphones anyway.

Associate
The 7900XTX Nitro+ I have has very low if any coil whine even at almost 3Ghz. I do however frame cap at 115FPS for CoD MW3 in 4K on my 120hz LG C1.
Also its on an Alphacool water block which sometimes amplifies coil whine and its been perfect for many months.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom