• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RT Related Games, Benchmarks, Software, Etc Thread.

Associate
Like what exactly lol, I have called out objective facts, nothing in my posts have been name calling or anything of that nature, I don't beat around the bush and will always say it like I see it if it's well grounded. Whether you interpret it as that or not is another matter though, but my posts are based on observed facts, whether it's calling someone a troll for consistently posting comments that make no sense until they are quizzed for more detail on why they think a certain way or whatever else. It's funny how also a brand new account pops onto the forums right in the middle of the thread and starts being difficult too with a similar posting style to another member, hmm....

It's also funny that it's the same side that 100% of the time play the victim card after being called out.

I'll just leave it at that and not bother delving any deeper, anyone else can just look up your peoples posts if they want.
You did say I needed Specsavers in the other thread so I don't know what is name calling if that isn’t. I don’t ever remember making it personal in any of my posts.

Associate
If you're saying something looks like a PS4 game when it obviously doesn't, then quite clearly a booking is needed? Or were you just trolling which in the end of all this proves my point anyway?
There was another poster that did say the game looked last gen in parts. My brother played it (cyberpunk) on a PS5 and echoes the same sentiment. Do we both need our eyes examining?

You are coming across over aggressive in your defence of the game and of your viewpoint in general if it meets contrary view. Perhaps you need to accept people are different.

Cyberpunk is just a game, I completed it last week and was mildly engaged with it. Now I’m moving onto Avatar and I am impressed with its use of RT.

Last edited:
Soldato
There was another poster that did say the game looked last gen in parts. My brother played it (cyberpunk) on a PS5 and echoes the same sentiment. Do we both need our eyes examining?

Anyone who says this looks last gen either doesn't know what last gen looks like or needs an emergency visit to an eye doctor.

Soldato

Pretty cool but we won't see this in a game for 5 years and by that time it'll only be in 1-2 games tops before the next big tech idea comes along which will take another 5 years to implement which will then of course only be used in 1-2 games.

Last edited:
Associate
It's almost as if a lot of people are just chasing the next Crysis which will be the only game that is the way it is and nothing will be lie it.... making it kinda pointless.

If it's not mainstream enough, it's not good enough, this is why AMD have Nvidia by the balls in terms of adoption of tech, it was Freesync which made things wide spread, it was Mantle, it was Tesselation.

PhysX is gone and Havok was used almost always over it.

Next it will be RT.

Next it will be upscaling.

Nvidia monopolize their own customers.

This is because AMD does not aim to monopolize things, I am not saying AMD are doing it due to morals etc, it's due to the position they are in.

Only changer might be Intel though.

Last edited:
Caporegime
It's almost as if a lot of people are just chasing the next Crysis which will be the only game that is the way it is and nothing will be lie it.... making it kinda pointless.

If it's not mainstream enough, it's not good enough, this is why AMD have Nvidia by the balls in terms of adoption of tech, it was Freesync which made things wide spread, it was Mantle, it was Tesselation.

Next it will be RT.

Nvidia monopolize their own customers.

This is because AMD does not aim to monopolize things, I am not saying AMD are doing it due to morals etc, it's due to the position they are in.

Only changer might be Intel though.

Trolling? Or just don't have an understanding on RT etc.?

Look at the industry where visuals are a factor, everyone and everything wants RT where possible because of the benefits it brings. AMD are behind RT just as much now, intel are too, every chipset maker is adding support....

This also includes amds games. And please don't tell me about the majority of games still being raster and then refer to games from years ago or/and steams top charts..... :o I care about the last 2 years and what the future is going forward. You also forget that 2 of the recent titles are RT only, spiderman 2 being console only and avatar being amds sponsorship.

Freesync is also not amds invention, they simply adopted an industry open standard by vesa and added their branding to it, nvidia call their support for this vesa adaptive sync = gsync compatible.

Physx and havok was very different too and also, physx is actually still used in some games nowadays, the nvidia aspect is gone though.

To under mainstream and what it takes to become mainstream, you need to have an understanding of development and the industry, it's not something that can just happen overnight when one company decides for it to happen.....

Upscaling dying? LOL.... defo trolling.

AMD can't monopolize because they don't have the market share.....

Last edited:
Associate
It was not AMD locking RTX 3000 and 2000 out of FG Nexus18, or their tech would be more widespread, more acknowledged also.

That was just a comparison, I mentioned AMD are able to do that just because of the position they are in, there is no right or wrong in it. Just facts.

It's the same predictable outcome and suddenly the Nvidia company as pioneers goes quiet whilst all the consumers happily lap it up because it's far more accessible.

I never said anything is dying? Just the fact PhysX is dead.

The original point was adoption Nexus18, not dying tech.

Last edited:
Caporegime
It was not AMD locking RTX 3000 and 2000 out of FG Nexus18, or their tech would be more widespread, more acknowledged also.

That was just a comparison, I mentioned AMD are able to do that just because of the position they are in, there is no right or wrong in it. Just facts.

Nvidias FG does not work the same as amds, theirs relies on the optical flow accelator which is much more powerful than amperes thus enabling it on ampere will lead to higher latency and possibly iq issues. Could nvidia make a version like amds, sure? But why would they? These companies are in this business for profit and nvidia are still the undisputed kings with their method.

AMD have no choice on how they go about things because they don't have the market share and because with their solutions, they are always months/years late, their adoption rate for their tech is poor and the quality is questionable at best i.e. they have zero choice on how to go about their business, you can't come out late to the market AND with an inferior solution.

Caporegime

It's the same predictable outcome and suddenly the Nvidia company as pioneers goes quiet whilst all the consumers happily lap it up because it's far more accessible.

I never said anything is dying? Just the fact PhysX is dead.

The original point was adoption Nexus18, not dying tech.

You are insinuating it:

Next it will be RT.

To say something is gone means it no longer exists.

Gsync hardware modules is still about btw despite people claiming it's dead..... You also mean all the articles we had when a new FSR version came out "DLSS is DEAD!!!!" yet here we are....

Soldato
History of FreeSync's getting re-written again.

Adaptive sync was a power saving feature to reduce the panel refresh to it's lowest power state-which AMD identified and developed into a working VRR solution.

Nvidia at the time of AMD's Freesync anouncement called it vapourware and claimed that VRR couldn't be done without a G-Sync module, it absolutely needed a module.

Without AMD, there would have been no competitor to G-Sync unless Intel came up with a version.

Vesa Adaptive V-Sync Whitepaper was even written by AMD.

Intel and NV had to create their own drivers to support Vesa Adaptive Sync VRR which as it was created by AMD-explains why the community identifies VRR in general terms as FreeSync.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Since when does writing a whitepaper mean that is their tech? Does that mean nvidia own RT then since they have written documents and so on for RT? :cry:

The "whitepaper" even says this:

The Video Electronics Standards Association (VESA®) has developed an industry standard that enables interoperable variable refresh rate capabilities over DisplayPort and Embedded DisplayPort interfaces, also known as “Adaptive-‐Sync”. This document discusses the use cases and benefits that this technology can provide

:cry:

AMDs driver support/branding is freesync. Nvidias driver support/branding is gsync compatible, as simple as that.

And another industry recognised expert:

As of January 2019, Nvidia has broadened their VRR support for GTX 10 series and newer GPUs such as the RTX 20 and RTX 30 series. Nvidia now assesses Adaptive-Sync capable monitors (traditionally marketed as ‘FreeSync’) and allows their compatible GPUs to use VRR technology when connected to such monitors. Monitors which pass Nvidia’s certification to use Adaptive-Sync in this way are marked as ‘G-SYNC Compatible’.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Yeah some people just don't care to actually understand technical things.

Anyway back to RT, look at this :cool:

hoU6Z33.jpg

HUD disabled of course to added realism.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom