*** The Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Thread ***

Associate
Going to be a hefty price sim free £700 ish

It's only ever the Note 3 that's been of any point buying on a contract to get it cheaper to be honest.

I pay £13 with 3 for Unlimited data and the minutes and text are wasted on me, so it will probably still be better value going SIM free. I'll always have a good look round and see if any special offers or free gifts make it worth the contract, but as long as I'm ready with the SIM free cost I won't be disappointed.

Soldato
Yay I'm glad someone finally made a thread about this. Will most likely be my next phone if they do a dual-sim one.

My only worry is that coming from Sony will the Samsung ui be over the top and crap?

Man of Honour
Strong money for a used handset. What did he not like? Phones these days are much of a muchness. the software is so feature packed among them and efficient on most (just not LG...) that it all boils down to what physical features one prefers over the other really.

Soldato
Color me interested! My trusty Note 4 has been fantastic for day to day use, and other than slow Android updates (not a huge deal), I can't fault any aspect of it.

Would prefer a non-Edge variant, or even a single sided Edge.

Associate
Am going to hold out until my contract runs out in Oct and go for the upgrade to the Note 7 now...can make my Note 4 last until then and put up with the popor battery life and random restarts on MM.

Also just found this too..... linkie. I personally would love to see a radio appear back on the handset, really miss listening to radio when walking back and too to work and cba rumaging through my music to pick something

Man of Honour
I have been thinking about this beast for a while! Need to upgrade from my Note 3 which I absolutely adore.

Cannot wait till the official announcement!

Same here. My note 3 is feeling a bit creaky now, certainly needs a new battery and case as a minimum.

Yeah not fussed about removable battery even though I changed the one on my Note 3. Likewise the) with micro sd support. If they whack in 128gb on board then what's the need for external storage?

I'd love a replaceable battery, I'm on my 3rd now with my Note3. Just extends the life of the phone.

Storage - 128gb would be great, but I'd still prefer an SD slot as well. My Note3 has a 200gb card in it now and if the 4k video is 68mbps as the Note6 can be (when modded).. that'll fill up rapidly.

Last edited:

jkb

jkb

Associate
My note 3 was fantastic, my note 4 is awful. This would have been my next phone but the note 4 experience has put me off so now I'm not sure whether to get this or the Nexus 6P replacement or even the HTC10. I'm starting to think I could live without a removable battery as I've been trying not to swap batteries for the last few weeks, a difficult task with the dreadful battery life of my note 4!

Soldato
What don't you like about the Note 4? I'm running one of those myself and iv never had any issues with it. I am using a custom Kernel and Rom though which can make all the difference but its been a great phone and this will most likely be my next upgrade. The dual lens camera sounds interesting. I remember mentioning that as one of the upgrades I wanted to see on the next model :D I would personally have preferred a 4k screen though. I know people will say whats the point because you wont notice the difference on a screen this size but lets face it were going to have 4K screens on all of these at some point and considering theres 4K recording on most phones now it makes sense eventually to have 4K playback too.

Associate
A couple of lads I work with have the note4 and have got on really well with it. That's what's got me wanting one really. I won't jump straight in though, most likely end of September October.

Soldato
The note 4 is great.
Nothing out beats it yet.

Yes bartery life isn't the best, but when you use it like I do it's to be expected.
But being able to carry a spare battery around and just swap it in 30 seconds makes a massive difference.

the new note will have 1000mah extra, but that's not going to.be good enough when I can get through 6000+ in a single day

Back
Top Bottom