*** The Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Thread ***

Associate
I'm usually alright for battery as I can't have my mobile in my building at work so it doesn't really get used in the day. Having a spare battery is a good plan though!

Soldato
What don't you like about the Note 4? I'm running one of those myself and iv never had any issues with it. I am using a custom Kernel and Rom though which can make all the difference but its been a great phone and this will most likely be my next upgrade. The dual lens camera sounds interesting. I remember mentioning that as one of the upgrades I wanted to see on the next model :D I would personally have preferred a 4k screen though. I know people will say whats the point because you wont notice the difference on a screen this size but lets face it were going to have 4K screens on all of these at some point and considering theres 4K recording on most phones now it makes sense eventually to have 4K playback too.

For me the Note 4 was top notch hardware wise, but let down by some utterly abysmal software.

The lag that the phone had at launch (which wasn't updated until a year later) was unacceptable. It had general UI stuttering far too often, up to 3 seconds to open the recent apps menu if you'd not pressed it for a while, and around a second when you had pressed it recently. The battery was atrocious, getting me no more than around two and a half hours of screen time in a standard day and nearly always needing charging by late afternoon even with very little use.

It's a shame as the hardware really was lovely, but the software just killed the phone for me. The later updates really did improve the lag for me and most other people, but it took a year after the phone was released for this to be fixed.

Still, I'm keen on the Note 7 and may well change my 6S+ for one once it's released.

Associate
Not too bothered about the curved edges tbh but don't dislike them either.

However if the option to have non curved is available then that's what I shall do.

Color me interested! My trusty Note 4 has been fantastic for day to day use, and other than slow Android updates (not a huge deal), I can't fault any aspect of it.

/agreed, Note 4 is my most favourite phone ever. Fairly rugged, been dropped from waist / table height a few times without a case, and hell I even fell into the sea with it :p Overnight in the airing cupboard with the cover and battery removed sorted it out.

Yes bartery life isn't the best, but when you use it like I do it's to be expected.
But being able to carry a spare battery around and just swap it in 30 seconds makes a massive difference.

You might have done this already, but have you updated Android to version 6 yet? I did this not long ago and the battery life improved significantly, and software-wise, the phone's response seemed so much slicker.

Soldato
/agreed, Note 4 is my most favourite phone ever. Fairly rugged, been dropped from waist / table height a few times without a case, and hell I even fell into the sea with it :p Overnight in the airing cupboard with the cover and battery removed sorted it out.

You might have done this already, but have you updated Android to version 6 yet? I did this not long ago and the battery life improved significantly, and software-wise, the phone's response seemed so much slicker.

Three are lagging behind in their 6.0 update.
so I stuck an Italy H3G rom on the phone.
6.0.1 is deffo much faster yes. But battery like feels the same

Soldato
Keep going back to my Note 3 as I haven't been happy with anything since and Note 5 never got an official release here.

About 90% certain this will be my next phone so roll on August. I would probably prefer a flat version as cases seem to fit a lot better and with my butter fingers I definitely need one!

Soldato
Associate
Out of interest what do you do with your phone to require such a large battery?

A lot of free time at work. Zero lemon will last me a whole day or more without recharging. I know I can charge while using it but really dislikes being tethered.
Browsing stuff or youtube saps a lot of battery compared to watching only movies.

Last edited:
Associate
Gives a nice grip to it also although I got another case slightly smaller than zerolemons one but still using the same battery. Similar to note 2 zero lemon case.

Back
Top Bottom