The Social Gathering / Gaming Thread [A place to organize meet-ups]

Associate
I'm officially very unfit (I knew this anyway)! I'm actually aching from playing Walkabout last night :cry: i'm not used to be being on my feet for 2 hours continuously, and my neck aches now if i look down in a similar direction to when i was putting last night.

Soldato
I'm officially very unfit (I knew this anyway)! I'm actually aching from playing Walkabout last night :cry: i'm not used to be being on my feet for 2 hours continuously, and my neck aches now if i look down in a similar direction to when i was putting last night.

Sit/stand desk has helped me get more used to being on my feet, I also play straddling the corner of my bed, so can have a quick sit down if needed :cry: that's due to not having much space to play (without standing in the middle of the lounge while my boy is watching the simpsons) rather than planning! Breachers is going to be awkward playing there, but I'll manage!

Associate
Sit/stand desk has helped me get more used to being on my feet, I also play straddling the corner of my bed, so can have a quick sit down if needed :cry: that's due to not having much space to play (without standing in the middle of the lounge while my boy is watching the simpsons) rather than planning! Breachers is going to be awkward playing there, but I'll manage!
Yeh I need to build my stamina up, having something to sit down on nearby is a good idea though, i'll put that into practise next time.

Associate
You need Les Mills Bodycombat. Seriously. Great way to get fit in VR.
Isn't that working out to music, that doesn't float my boat tbh (unless I can use my own custom songs etc). I have TOTF which I really enjoyed and tired me out but haven't played it for a while.

Soldato
Isn't that working out to music, that doesn't float my boat tbh (unless I can use my own custom songs etc). I have TOTF which I really enjoyed and tired me out but haven't played it for a while.

It's more working out to personal trainer narration. Music is there but it's just background.

Associate
Guys, you never warned me that Walkabout requires such physical fitness :D My neck has got a lot worse since this morning, I can't really look downwards and to the left. My body is creaking, oh the joys of being unfit & middle aged :o

Soldato
Guys, you never warned me that Walkabout requires such physical fitness :D My neck has got a lot worse since this morning, I can't really look downwards and to the left. My body is creaking, oh the joys of being unfit & middle aged :o

Keep moving around, keep looking around (not in circles, left right, up down, side to side). Remember to keep doing it :D. Need to keep those muscles moving, especially spine! I just got back from the gym for the first time in 6 months. Took it easy, so hoping I'm not going to be any more achy than I already am!

Soldato
its good dude it just means your active and moving :) and now you can flyyyy like a witch.
just build up to it, doesnt need to be all at one time.
Like Unseul i have a sit stand desk, it helped me get the stamina for standing more along with some of the quest games. would recomenet getting one for health benifits also.
theres a few of the chaps that play sitting down, i dont think that really works for me but it works for them :)

Under Cover
Crisis Brigade 2 reloaded
the Room vr
I Expect You To Die
Pistol Whip
Beat Saber
Space Pirate Trainer DX
Keep me on my feet.

i think
Powerwash
Cook-Out
LES MILLS BODYCOMBAT
will keep me up and about also, find soemthign fun to keep you up on your feet were possible

little and often as they say. you gone a big jump, your now part of select few people allowed to be in the :cool: Cool Kids Corner :cool:

Meta are soo messing with my wishlist and there store page! :E

btw do we got a : Baggy / brennan ?

Last edited:
Associate
The flying thing lol it reminded me of witches, i'm still getting the hang of it, many things to learn with what to press and taking in the conversations and new people etc. I enjoyed it but was knackered afterwards and my neck the next day! Still sore today. I think maybe Breachers or Among Us is the next 1 up, I'm a bit more used to FPS games, played Onward a fair bit.

I think about 2 hours was maybe a bit too long for me for 1st multiplayer VR session tbh, maybe if someone is up for a shorter stint on a game at the weekend or something, might break me in a bit. Yeh I need to get fit for sure, TOTF is great for it but I have to do it outside because of lack of suitable indoor space and with it being cold/wet recently etc and being busy I just haven't got round to it.

Associate
for those int o shooty things whats the thoughts on : https://www.meta.com/en-gb/experien...ern_source=blog&intern_content=vail-vr-launch - Vail

PVE - zombie Last stand could work well for this potentially also.
Not played Vail, I recall there was a lot of hype/publicity around it when 1st came out (playable pre-release), and iirc the YT'er Thrillseeker saying it was the best thing ever or something....and then I read it basically died out with near empty multiplayer servers. Maybe it's different now.

Soldato
The wife has been using the assault carbine in After the Fall 2 handed last night and exclaimed “wow, this makes it so much easier”! This is part of the grooming towards getting her on board with PvP in Breachers……

e: we play a good 3 - 4 times a week from 8pm - 10ish, if anyone would like to join us for After the Fall on Nightmare difficulty, DM your tag.

Last edited:
Soldato
The wife has been using the assault carbine in After the Fall 2 handed last night and exclaimed “wow, this makes it so much easier”! This is part of the grooming towards getting her on board with PvP in Breachers……

e: we play a good 3 - 4 times a week from 8pm - 10ish, if anyone would like to join us for After the Fall on Nightmare difficulty, DM your tag.

Wow! Why couldn't you have been around a year+ ago :D and play during the afternoon! I might be able to make that here and there though. Happy to play nightmare, and if you two are up for it happy to go on horror too. Not sure what evenings I'd be available though.

Soldato
Only managed to convince the wife that VR is the future since the Q3 became available and I got mine at Christmas (which I didn’t get to use til February, when I eventually bought one for her) :p

We’ve got two young kids, so don’t really get to be online til after they’re in bed, which is 8pm by the time stories are read and doors are locked.

We’re probably a *little* bit low for Horror atm, but find Nightmare easy enough for the most part. But she prefers to take things slowly and methodically, rather than charge through like the Russian randos we played with last night :D

Soldato
Only managed to convince the wife that VR is the future since the Q3 became available and I got mine at Christmas (which I didn’t get to use til February, when I eventually bought one for her) :p

We’ve got two young kids, so don’t really get to be online til after they’re in bed, which is 8pm by the time stories are read and doors are locked.

We’re probably a *little* bit low for Horror atm, but find Nightmare easy enough for the most part. But she prefers to take things slowly and methodically, rather than charge through like the Russian randos we played with last night :D

It's been ages since I've played, so will need to get upto speed again. When I last went in Nightmare was too easy, Horror needed a good squad, and most the good players I knew were americans, so I rarely actually had the chance to play with them.

Back
Top Bottom