***The Vapers Lounge*** 3.0

Soldato
Most of the new pod-systems are both refillable and have replaceable coils. I use a Smok Nord 4 when I'm out and about. SMall enough to fit in my trouser pocket and doesn't cost the earth to run due to the aforementioned replaceable coils and refillable tanks.
Not sure if they changed the coils on the 4th version, but there's a rebuildable 3rd party coil for the first two versions. I've been using it since the v1 and v2 came out

Soldato
Been a smoker for the last 14ish years. I did try vaping along time ago (when the CE4 thing was what everyone used). Only did it then as most places didn't know how to handle and could use inside but i never liked it; once places banned inside never looked at again.

Finally time to try and quit. Had some disposable vapes i bought from car boot (10 fo £10) and thought this would never work was getting through 2/3 a day. When I ran out went the local vape shop and got a Xros pro and went B&M get a load of the 88vape liquids for a quid. Seems to be working so bought a cheap xros 3 mini for use out and about too (same tank coil so seemed to make sense) and ordered liquids in lowering nicotine content try and get me off (11mg, 6mg, 3mg and 0mg).

Probably spent about £70 on the vapes, about 30 different liquids and new tanks/coils. I do fly a lot with work so usually pay £65 for a sleeve of Dunhill internationals so even now not far off breakeven and hopefully got enough to stop

Soldato
Does anyone know of a juice that can replicate the flavor of disposables? I am a sucker for those things.

Put a search in for:

LOST MARY LIQ Nic Salt 20mg Vape Juice Elf Bar

Get yourself a Vaporesso Xros 3 kit, ~£15 it's draw activated so can't go off in your pocket and either ElfLiq(Elf bar) or LostLiq(Lost Mary) they sell just the liquid in 10ml bottles, the bay does them cheapest, SKE crystal liquid is available as well but they don't sell all the flavours.

New pod tip, (don't put the pod in the kit yet)!!!-fill it, and take a few puffs to create pressure, give it 5 mins to soak into the new coil and away you go.

Associate
Put a search in for:

LOST MARY LIQ Nic Salt 20mg Vape Juice Elf Bar

Get yourself a Vaporesso Xros 3 kit, ~£15 it's draw activated so can't go off in your pocket and either ElfLiq(Elf bar) or LostLiq(Lost Mary) they sell just the liquid in 10ml bottles, the bay does them cheapest, SKE crystal liquid is available as well but they don't sell all the flavours.

New pod tip, (don't put the pod in the kit yet)!!!-fill it, and take a few puffs to create pressure, give it 5 mins to soak into the new coil and away you go.
Thanks. My friend also recommended me bar juice 5000 brand. Any experience with those?

Soldato
Thanks. My friend also recommended me bar juice 5000 brand. Any experience with those?
No experience with 500 brand, without overcomplicating things they probably only use up to 20% concentrate of flavour, therefore they won't be as strong in flavour as enjoyed as disposables, they are sooo popular because of the juice sweetness.

But if you want to replicate the Lost Mary/Elf bars, my suggestion above would be your best bet as disposables are mostly using 25% concetrate to create that sweetness your looking for.:)

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah.. I went to 6mg some years ago then down to 3mg and found that I was just non stop vaping so I’ve moved back to 6mg. Having said that, I do seem to be vaping a lot more now even at 6mg since lockdown. I may go on the patches or cold turkey for week to reduce my dependence.. lol

I think it depends if your goal is to stop vaping and smoking all together. For me I don’t think I would ever stop vaping.

Soldato
I had a tiny setback lastnight. The 3mg liquid i bought was absolutly disgusting and thought had ran out of the 6mg. I did have some of my og 16mg; but this quickly gave me a headache. I then luckily found a 6mg in car that i had forgotten about. Went B&M this morning but they have a really poor selection sub 6mg; so I bought some more 6mg to tide me over and ordered a load of new 3mg and 1mg off the web.

Soldato
I had a tiny setback lastnight. The 3mg liquid i bought was absolutly disgusting and thought had ran out of the 6mg. I did have some of my og 16mg; but this quickly gave me a headache. I then luckily found a 6mg in car that i had forgotten about. Went B&M this morning but they have a really poor selection sub 6mg; so I bought some more 6mg to tide me over and ordered a load of new 3mg and 1mg off the web.
mate... I buy liquid in liters... I used to spend loads on different juices to try and this was before the 10ml bottle rule so you could be left with 250ml of horrid juice that someone recommended. Now a days I know the flavour profiles that I like or I just buy the flavours that I liked from the past.

Bottle shots are nice and easy, you just pour in your nic and top up with VG and bang you have 250ml of juice..
Or just get pre-mixed concentrates and a few empty bottles from amazon.. put in the concertrates, then the nic and top up with VG and jobs a good un...

I rarely buy 10ml bottles unless they flavours that I had and liked in the past and they are on sale..

Soldato
Doing it to stop smoking so do quite like the 10ml bottles and with being a quid in B&M can try different falvours easily.

Use about 10-15ml a day and get through a coil tank thing a week (about £2.20 ea). So all in £1.80ish a day so doesn't seem too bad for me to mess about with different equipment at the minute (and hopefully quitting if did continue would look at different methods).

Soldato
some of the cheaper juices can be gash.. very high in pg. but if your a recent smoker it’s good for the throat hit. Back in the days 10ml would last a week as there was no sub ohming and the tanks wouldn’t hold much. Now a days, I really don’t know how much I use per day… I have different setups all over the house ready to vape so it’s hard to track.

Soldato
Currently the 50/50 seems the best to me. I have tried some 75 and 80 VG but don't seem to do it for me.

First time went over a friends house that smokes on Thursday (and a few other smokers there). I was suprised did actually find the smell pretty bad and its only been just under 3 weeks on the vape; didn't feel tempeted at all

Man of Honour
If someone could be of assistance it would be much appreciated. I make my wifes vape juices but have finally run out of nicotene and of course we are not allowed to buy it anymore because ****** politicians think they know best. What I have now is several 250ml litre bottles of 50/50 liquid made up but with no nicotene in them. I presume if I bought a load of 18mg shots I could mix it in to achieve the required nicotene content? With that in mind, targeting a 3mg strength how much 18mg nic shot would I need per 250ml bottle of 50/50?

Soldato
If someone could be of assistance it would be much appreciated. I make my wifes vape juices but have finally run out of nicotene and of course we are not allowed to buy it anymore because ****** politicians think they know best. What I have now is several 250ml litre bottles of 50/50 liquid made up but with no nicotene in them. I presume if I bought a load of 18mg shots I could mix it in to achieve the required nicotene content? With that in mind, targeting a 3mg strength how much 18mg nic shot would I need per 250ml bottle of 50/50?

Just buy 72mg nicotine from

If you get multiple bottles it’s best to keep them in the freezer. If you leave them out too long without them mixed in, they can go off.

There’s plenty of nic calculators online that will tell you the amount of nic that is required.

Top tip, mix by weight and using a scale, with a steady hand it’s far less messy that using syringes.

Short calculator by mg

You can work out how many mls that is required then work out how much that should weight.. just pop the bottle on to a scale, zero out the scale and start to pour until you reach that weight.

Man of Honour
I thought that was illegal now unless it's for wholesale as that's what I used to use? It's also much more expensive now than it used to be as the last batch we bought was £35 a litre. Many thanks for the shot calculator.

Last edited:
Soldato

For 100ml bottles I use a single Nic shot, which according to the calcs works out to about 3mg.
So by that reckoning, 2½ shots would do you per 250ml.
However, be aware that it will alter your PG/VG ratio, depending on which the shot is based on. Usually they're VG, I find, which can be a problem in some MTL vapes.

Back
Top Bottom