Three body Problem (2024)

Caporegime
OP
Out soon.
Looks fine. In the trilogy the first book is pretty tame tbh more like a real story. I found the other 2 good but speak about "the bigger picture" :p the extreme bigger picture. How that translates..., god only knows...

I really hope they show trisolarians and they follow the same conclusion as the unofficial 4th book.

Soldato
Out soon.
Looks fine. In the trilogy the first book is pretty tame tbh more like a real story. I found the other 2 good but speak about "the bigger picture" :p the extreme bigger picture. How that translates..., god only knows...

I really hope they show trisolarians and they follow the same conclusion as the unofficial 4th book.
Is the 4th book worth reading? I just finished Deaths End but as the 4th isn’t written by Liu Cixin I’m hesitant.

Caporegime
OP
I thought it was pretty ok tbh.
Fills in some details of I remember right it's a lot about the trisolarians and the brain :p that got shot off into space. Whatever that character was called.

Caporegime
Deleted for off topic......... even though it wasnt bug ill carry a long with the theme set by a mod.
sorry I wasnt talking about the netflix version in this post :rolleyes:

seeing as you delted tghe audiop book comment may as well delete this my self then

Last edited:
Soldato
Really enjoyed the Tencent version, pretty much covers the book as faithfully as possible.
I think the first 8 episodes were free (via Tencent channel) and then it was subscription (£3.80 or something a month). They were released every other day or so last year.

Not expecting much from the Netflix version

Associate
Looking forward to this. The trailer doesn't look great, but I really enjoyed the books, well the first two, not got around to book three yet.
I was unaware of the Tencent series, so I'll give that a go too.

Don
Given that there's no mention of D&I with this program, let's stop thread trashing shall we?

If you want to discuss D&I issues in shows, maybe start a thread to talk about the topic specifically and stop derailing all of the other threads about it?

Soldato
We gave the Chinese version of this a go. We got a few episodes in and I actually quite liked it, but the Mrs bailed, so not seen any more.

This version doesn't look as good if you ask me.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Interested to watch this, but I'm doubtful as to whether it can really do justice to the books. The books were all about the incredible scale, and the ideas, more than the characters. Difficult to translate that kind of thing to the screen.

Caporegime
Seema alll 8 eps dropped

I am watching the 2023 Chinese TV series alongside this but since the 2023 show is 30 episodes long, will be a while before I can finish that.
Watch the chinese version first.
it's in the proper order as intended by the creator

The netflix version from what I read is in chronological order, where as in the books you only find out something has happened long after is has happened.

also netflix from what I read is parts of books 1+2 and also part of book3, but as said its not in the same order as the books timeline (apparently)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom