Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Revealed

Soldato
I'm really looking forward to the tactical element of this game. As other people have said, the chances of just jumping on a server with a load of strangers is likely to end in both disaster and frustration.

can almost hear the rage already :p :rolleyes:

I want to play swat 3 again now :( now that was fun with tactics :D

Last edited:
Soldato
i hope it is somehow designed so that you get dead if you try and play run and gun

so players have no choice but to play properly

just hope its not basic free for all because thats all that will happen otherwise

Well looking at the way the game works.

The defending team have a minute to setup and defend an area, ideally a ambush point/holding area, so if you were to run at them, they'd gun you down anyway.

Ideally to be successful, you need to move up slowly, stick with your team & make use of cover I guess, hopefully it works that way anyway!

Plus run and gun & you'll hit the hostage = game over!

Associate
I have always thought that in games like this you should be given some kind of a health bonus if you are in a group/squad within close proximity or a buff like quicker aiming etc. BF as a prime example, you join a squad but one random person is always on there own. If you had benefits then it would be to everyones favor in that squad to play as a squad.

Man of Honour
Sure. why show the gameplay potential when you could have the first guy open the door, throw a grenade in and get a team wipe. Could even have a ULTRA KILL come up. Then we could just move on to another game.

Its the silly bits where the player just sprays around or purposely doesn't shoot in situations where any moderately competent gamer would have dropped the target easily - but it wouldn't have fit the script so they don't go for the obvious opportunity which just looks totally silly to me as no one actually playing a game would pass up those shots.

Soldato
In 'real world' multiplayer this will just be a run and gun, rush spam fest. No tactics involved at all unless youre lucky to play in a proper team with friends.

Associate
I can't honestly see many people playing this as a close knit team. A-la Left 4 Dead, etc it will take one wally to completely ruin a round for the rest of their side.

Associate
If it will be anything like the video in the OP on release I'll eat my hat, and then my own head, starting from my jaw.
Two separate interviews with people who got hands on both said that the playable build they played looked exactly like the conference video on stage, which I was suprised about myself as I'm as cynical about companies buffing up graphics for shows as anyone but unless they downgrade a little to maybe keep a decent FPS on bigger maps I'm quietly confident about this one.
What type of hat you get I hear Pork pie hats are quite tasty or was that pork pies :p

Soldato
Two separate interviews with people who got hands on both said that the playable build they played looked exactly like the conference video on stage, which I was suprised about myself as I'm as cynical about companies buffing up graphics for shows as anyone but unless they downgrade a little to maybe keep a decent FPS on bigger maps I'm quietly confident about this one.
What type of hat you get I hear Pork pie hats are quite tasty or was that pork pies :p

Haha, I'm not talking about graphics, but physics and hostage/environment interaction. too much of it looks like something from a CGI trailer, and if Watchdogs is anything to go by the graphics won't be good either. :p

Associate
Haha, I'm not talking about graphics, but physics and hostage/environment interaction. too much of it looks like something from a CGI trailer, and if Watchdogs is anything to go by the graphics won't be good either. :p
I hope not as for me this has been the most exiting reveal of the show so far & the rainbow series need a decent tittle after the last few lack luster additions.

Back
Top Bottom