Top end Produced albums for Headphone Dancing

Associate
Mike Oldfield,The Songs of Distant Earth is the first one worth mentioning that my playlists have thrown up.

Not everyone's cup of tea I'm sure but top notch musicianship and studio values and worth a listen through if the first 2 or 3 don't get you.

Gave it a listen, the women singing kind of annoyed me a little and the bible quotes as lyrics didn't really add to the immersion of the song for me but the rest was really nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FN6jIvKiYOs

Always a classic, fairly decent recording quality too although I pick up up some slight blurring in the background, I'm guessing about 230kbps or something along those lines.

If you love vocals I really recommend you all listen to this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpcXr5LtsYA

and this, skip to 14 secs.

Caporegime
OP
The Shins - "Wincing the Night Away" is a fantastically recorded album.

That's more like it....Not interested in gaming sound tracks...And youtube videos with pants audio :p

The Shins are quality records...Thanks for the reminder :)

Remember seeing them live in the Basement on Sky TV...Quality band with beautiful arrangements.

Soldato
That's more like it....Not interested in gaming sound tracks...And youtube videos with pants audio :p

The Shins are quality records...Thanks for the reminder :)

Remember seeing them live in the Basement on Sky TV...Quality band with beautiful arrangements.

Genuinely is fantastically recorded.
I use the first two tracks in my playlist of test tracks for speakers and headphones. Along with some Pink Floyd, Placebo, Tame Impala, Sigur Rós, Explosions in the Sky, The Police, Massive Attack, Deadmau5 and many others all in 24/96 FLAC rips and 320kbps CBA MP3 versions.

Caporegime
OP
Genuinely is fantastically recorded.
I use the first two tracks in my playlist of test tracks for speakers and headphones. Along with some Pink Floyd, Placebo, Tame Impala, Sigur Rós, Explosions in the Sky, The Police, Massive Attack, Deadmau5 and many others all in 24/96 FLAC rips and 320kbps CBA MP3 versions.

Just Listening to The Police now...Forgot how good the drums sound on these recordings.

Half the battle is remembering what I like....Its the fault of too much choice.

Soldato
I have Displacing the Priest, Beyond skin and Prophecy. They are all excellent but Beyond Skin is perhaps the most accessible and had the best critical reception.

I don't have a tidal account thought and can't seem to browse the site easily without starting a trial or creating an account.

APM

APM

Associate
Gave it a listen, the women singing kind of annoyed me a little and the bible quotes as lyrics didn't really add to the immersion of the song for me but the rest was really nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FN6jIvKiYOs

Always a classic, fairly decent recording quality too although I pick up up some slight blurring in the background, I'm guessing about 230kbps or something along those lines.

If you love vocals I really recommend you all listen to this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpcXr5LtsYA

and this, skip to 14 secs.

The same for me tbh,I'm a guitar player and have been listening to Mike Oldfield for a long time.
Just love his playing,composing and general musical approach,the epic frontal mega god thing doesn't work for me but the music gives me shivers at moments.

Caporegime
OP
I have Displacing the Priest, Beyond skin and Prophecy. They are all excellent but Beyond Skin is perhaps the most accessible and had the best critical reception.

I don't have a tidal account thought and can't seem to browse the site easily without starting a trial or creating an account.

Beyond Skin is great listening cheers...I'm a huge fan of indian music and the influences in this along with electronica and Vocals etc...is making my Denon D2000 dance!

APM

APM

Associate
Jah Wobble has done a lot of World/Indian Fusion stuff,Invaders of the heart was a good one if I remember correctly.

Back
Top Bottom