Top end Produced albums for Headphone Dancing

Man of Honour
^^ Oh yeah! - yeah might not be to everyone's tastes but Rob Dougan has some great tracks for rinsing speakers/headphones - I'm not driving any more is a good one for testing separation.

On a related note Juno Reactor - Labyrinth (as heard in the matrix) - Mona Lisa Overdrive is one of my favourites for testing the full response range heh though the album version isn't the best IIRC as it doesn't have as much bass as the longer version (or I might have that the wrong way around). While not in that album I like Final Frontier as well as it is very layered and really shines on headphones with a good wide open soundstage. (EDIT: I've actually destroyed speakers before with Navras).

Last edited:
Man of Honour
LOL as if on cue "Dreadnought by Erik Ekholm is now available on Spotify" pops up in my inbox. (Dunno if it was triggered by listening to certain tunes or just happened to be coincidence).

Permabanned
Dire Straits - Brothers in arms. Probably the best sounding 12" I have in my opinion.

I was just listening to Alchemy and I was thinking what an excellent production value it has, utterly brilliant even on a low end system.

Yes- Close to the Edge.

Soldato
Strong Persuader by The Robert Cray Band, or any of his really, they are all very cleanly recorded. Lovely punchy bass through my AKG K702s and great instrument presentation, they are spread throughout the sound stage (quite 3D) and easy to pick out rather than clumping left or right. It actually sounds like a blues equivalent to a Steely Dan album, sound quality is the same but the music is different (I know what I mean :p ).

Permabanned
Strong Persuader by The Robert Cray Band, or any of his really, they are all very cleanly recorded. Lovely punchy bass through my AKG K702s and great instrument presentation, they are spread throughout the sound stage (quite 3D) and easy to pick out rather than clumping left or right. It actually sounds like a blues equivalent to a Steely Dan album, sound quality is the same but the music is different (I know what I mean :p ).

:D

I get ya man LOL

I've recently I've been doing some serious time out for Genesis, listening, comparing, stop listening and contemplating, re-listening, re-contemplating...and, I just can't help conclude that they were hippies.

:p

Associate
No mention of michael jackson yet?thriller and bad are 2 of the best produced albums ive ever heard, dangerous and off the wall not far behind.

C64

C64

Soldato
anything Hans Zimmer
Bjork yes bjork I think she made a lot of stuff to sound good on headphones
Frank Zappa especially joe's garage album

Last edited:
Associate
^^ ooh nice - my goto in a similar vein is the max payne 2 theme though its not as high production value as that one.

Not my selection but someone I know is a fan of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-h6MoF7HLA

and James Blake - To The Last (dunno if there is a good version on youtube) for showing off their audio stuff.

Damn that sounds amazing will keep an eye on this thread :)

have always liked.

Enigma - Sadness

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFLRHPUWBI8

only 360 qauilty tho but that said it sounds better than the amazon prime version :eek:

Back
Top Bottom