Toyota Yaris GR4 4x4 Rally going into production.....

Soldato
If you are interested in tracking it get yourself on the toyota spam mail marketing list.

End of July they organised a GR track day at thruxton. £99 whole day with food. Was a ton of marketing and toyota dealers attending as well as a couple of the race cars and drivers. All the official photography was even free with us all being sent photos after the event. Bargain.

embed

embed

Soldato
I got to drive the GR86 and the Supra round track and had a session with tuition. Hopefully they will do more.

I found the GR86 a bit under powered for thruxton, the Yaris felt similar due to the long straights. The Supra was a manual and i felt like i would prefer it to be an auto and sitting on a motorway. After hooning arround in the yaris the Supra felt like a barge.

The Yaris is a great fun car. Im toying with the idea of a set of track wheels and tryes. Those who had track focused mods were significantly faster than me.

which ofc is down to the mods and not the meat sack behind the wheel.

Soldato
It was a GR only event for owners of GR Yaris, GR86 and GR supras. No older models. I bought my car new from toyota so assumed ive been added to some list. Worth asking your local dealer methinks.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Email came on the 30th June for me. There's no mention of any others happening after the one they did on the 30th July though.

Hopefully they do one for next year so us second batchers can have a go :p. £99 is a bargain though. £99 is an evening session at Cadwell Park at best and no free food or tuition either!

Last edited:
Soldato
Fitted the MST induction kit on Friday, no noticeable power gain, but does sound nicer. It's got a miltek rear box with the resonator pipe, I may try installing the non resonated pipe being as I have it here.

On the actual car itself, what a car! So so good, done around 600-700 miles in it so far as well!

Soldato
Fitted the MST induction kit on Friday, no noticeable power gain, but does sound nicer. It's got a miltek rear box with the resonator pipe, I may try installing the non resonated pipe being as I have it here.

On the actual car itself, what a car! So so good, done around 600-700 miles in it so far as well!

Does that sort of mod have much impact on your insurance?

Soldato
I got the email from Mr Toyoda today saying they have a limited number of Yaris' available ready to deliver. Would it be a massive pain (would they even do it) move me around from my GR86 deal to one of these. Like what would the process be? Chances are it might literally only be a couple of cars and I'm not even sure if I want to swap, they don't list how much they are actually selling for anything.

This was the email:

Good Morning,

Thank you for registering your interest and joining our waitlist for the GR Yaris. We are reaching out to you today with some exciting news…

The Toyota Buy Online Team have a very limited number of GR Yaris cancelled units which are built and ready for delivery. Orders will be accepted on a first come, first served basis.

If you are in a position to proceed and are still interested in purchasing a GR Yaris, please get in contact via phone ASAP. Please note that vehicles must be registered by the 15th December 2023.

Please call us on 0344 248 0189 and ask to speak to Rob or Dani about this exciting opportunity!

We look forward to hearing from you.

The Toyota Buy Online team

Last edited:
Soldato
I rang them up and for anyone interested, they only have White £35k or Red £36k in circuit packs. It's the usual put £1k refundable down and then take it from there. If you were going via PCP it's the current 8.9% as it was for the last batch of 86's.

Soldato
Waiting eagerly for the EVO edition which will have the DAT auto option. I love this car, but even as Mr Toyoda says, DAT makes him quicker, and I think this car would be even more impressive with a good flappy paddle. Would I switch mine day one GR for a DAT GR? No, probably not. Would I buy a DAT GR as well, possibly. Would I like to see the an hot swap variant of DAT - absolutely

Caporegime
Waiting eagerly for the EVO edition which will have the DAT auto option. I love this car, but even as Mr Toyoda says, DAT makes him quicker, and I think this car would be even more impressive with a good flappy paddle. Would I switch mine day one GR for a DAT GR? No, probably not. Would I buy a DAT GR as well, possibly. Would I like to see the an hot swap variant of DAT - absolutely

Will the GR Yaris continue with new sales going into 2024 though? I know the GR86 is being canned because of the legislation required for driver aids makes it unfeasible.

Soldato
I rang them up and for anyone interested, they only have White £35k or Red £36k in circuit packs. It's the usual put £1k refundable down and then take it from there. If you were going via PCP it's the current 8.9% as it was for the last batch of 86's.
Was reading elsewhere someone is still waiting for their car which was ordered 2 years ago. Maybe they ordered black or the other white.

I really wanted one when first released but had recently bought a new car and generally it wasn't great timing, and the long wait wasn't ideal. £36k and 8.9% however, no thanks, and putting down cash would lose buyers now over £2k a year interest :D . What's spoiled the Yaris a bit for me is the American GR Corolla has more power with the same improved engine than the homogolation special Yaris. Maybe it was due to emissions regs however but approx 40bhp is quite a bit more.

I have wondered if they'd release an improved version later.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom