Toyota Yaris GR4 4x4 Rally going into production.....

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

Shall be trying to order one for sure, a manual of course.

My predictions for price is the manual will be £36,950 base and the automatic £38,950

Think if we get an allocation it shall be a manual in the new grey colour and as many options we can select if there is any.

Looks like a great upgrade to an already amazing car so if we get one we shall be selling our current GR.

Soldato
Going to try and get the auto one, I'd get the manual but my wife wouldn't swap her Mini for one unless it was an auto.

There is Carwow video comparing them all surprising how much extra performance they have got out the manual one compared to the original model.

Soldato
I saw 300 for the UK mentioned elsewhere but would be surprised if that's the case given that the UK is the biggest EU market I think for the GR Yaris, unless that's the 2024 only allocation.
Dashboard change I understand as a driver focused homologation special, even if not that visually appealing.
Will be tempted to put in an order if can convince myself I need one in addition to current EV, will see what the price and availability will be. The new colour and auto would be my choice, not fussed about the additional engagement a manual box offers these days.

Last edited:
Soldato
Wow, just saw the car wow vid and looks a nice evolution.. and the auto would be perfect for me due to nerve damage, plus auto just makes life easy when not on the boil.. I love how they’ve tweaked the auto for fast changes etc, should not be losing out much..

OcUK Staff
OP
Wow, just saw the car wow vid and looks a nice evolution.. and the auto would be perfect for me due to nerve damage, plus auto just makes life easy when not on the boil.. I love how they’ve tweaked the auto for fast changes etc, should not be losing out much..

If they have done a good job it will be great, I’ve never really got this whole DCT VS torque converter thing as a good auto with good software can be practically as good in manual mode but so much better in AUTO.

My Jaguar F Type SVR was practically as quick as any PDK/DCT box in manual mode it was so good but then had the advantage that it was far better as an automatic. I’d hope Toyota have done just as good a job.

Associate
Personally I'm not sold on the dash, it looks quite obtrusive - not sure if that will be the case when driving. Will need to get a test drive to know for sure.

Not sure whether I'll upgrade my GR Yaris - the benefits of the Mark 2 are most likely felt on the track, which I do very little of. Mostly will depend on price (and allocation of course!)

Soldato
I'm not a fan of the dash. I'm not sure what to do with my Circuit pack. Its a year old, only done 2k miles in it. Havent used it anywhere near as much as i thought. If a new version means mine will drop in value might sell it before that happens.

Associate
Maybe it's just the angle of the promo shots but the dash seems extremely high up, almost as if it would obscure your view. I'll reserve judgement until I can see it in person but as it stands it's not very appealing.

Caporegime
I saw 300 for the UK mentioned elsewhere but would be surprised if that's the case given that the UK is the biggest EU market I think for the GR Yaris, unless that's the 2024 only allocation.
Dashboard change I understand as a driver focused homologation special, even if not that visually appealing.
Will be tempted to put in an order if can convince myself I need one in addition to current EV, will see what the price and availability will be. The new colour and auto would be my choice, not fussed about the additional engagement a manual box offers these days.

That makes more sense because I was under the impression the GR Yaris suffers the same problem as the GR86. As models after June 2024 need collision detection etc and it would cost too much to re-engineer the cars etc. I guess they will sell as many of these as possible before the date.

Soldato
Maybe it's just the angle of the promo shots but the dash seems extremely high up, almost as if it would obscure your view. I'll reserve judgement until I can see it in person but as it stands it's not very appealing.

The top of the new dash is lower than the originals stuck on central screen. That screen, in conjunction with the low mounted rear view mirror, really did obscure the view through the central part of the screen.

Back
Top Bottom