UEFA Euro 2024 Qualifiers & Friendlies ** spoilers ** [21st - 26th March 2024]

Caporegime
Just forget about all that business for a minute, do you really think they should be changing the colour of a flag on a national team shirt?
Well it's not really a flag, it's just a cross. Theoretically I don't have a problem with them doing alternate designs if they had a good idea. I just don't think this is a good idea, how many people could even say what colour training jackets the 66 winning team wore?

Don
It's actually £125 direct from Nike but that's for the 'match' shirt - the exact same shirt the players will wear. They then offer 'stadium' shirts which are only (yes I know) £80 odd. The pricing is exactly the same as their prices for Liverpool shirts.

Man of Honour
It's actually £125 direct from Nike but that's for the 'match' shirt - the exact same shirt the players will wear. They then offer 'stadium' shirts which are only (yes I know) £80 odd. The pricing is exactly the same as their prices for Liverpool shirts.
Kind of hard for me to state that theres a cost of living crisis that I am dealing with, if I'm whacking out £125 on a shirt :D

Man of Honour
It's not quite the same. The cross is the flag of England. It's been changed. I mean what does the purple stand for? An aubergine?

What's the point?
The purple is for the new England team mascot

221004-barney-dinosaur-al-1132-c8ea46.jpg

Soldato
A certain sub set of British people truly of the softest and easiest to rile up people in the country aren't they. Maybe they should focus all this patriotism into ridding the country of the government that's gutted the country for the last 15 years instead of crying about a ******* flag on a football shirt.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
A certain sub set of British people truly of the softest and easiest to rile up people in the country aren't they. Maybe they should focus all this patriotism into ridding the country of the government that's gutted the country for the last 15 years instead of crying about a ******* flag on a football shirt.
Thats a definite to happen whether pro-conservatives like it or not, sadly of course people will discover that Labour are no better because they're all as bad as each other but change is change.

Soldato
I'm asking the question, what is the point? The flag of the county the team represents has been changed. Why?

It'd be the same if they had slapped an aubergine there instead, I would be curious as to why the country's flag was represented by an aubergine.

To dismiss it as being 'riled up' is dismissing and missing the point. There are more important things to focus on, I agree, so actively changing something that will cause some to kick off, well, I want to know why.

E: Apologies if I'm now going off on too much of a tangent in the qualifiers thread, it seems to be diverting away from the footy talk.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just forget about all that business for a minute, do you really think they should be changing the colour of a flag on a national team shirt?
Have they changed a flag?

I couldn't care less about a football shirt, but seeing the usual lot get all het up is delicious. :D

Soldato

You’re absolutely spot on. It must be a modern thing, I think, all the little coloured England crosses on the shoulder on that umbro kit got no attention what so ever AFAIK.

The flag has been changed for a bit of fun as stated by nike and the FA.

Soldato
I can't really imagine this really registers with anyone... but it's mad being a Brentford supporter and having England's teo main strikers tonight being a current and former Brentford player.

Both signed in the Championship and from lower league sides too. It's quite crazy.

Last edited:
Soldato
Decent starting lineup imo. Kane for Watkins, Saka in for Gallagher with a reshuffle (Foden into midfield), or against tougher opponents Saka for Gordon and Trent for Gallagher, and that's what I'd be going with in the Euros.

Strong shout for Gomez at LB as well but that's never going to happen.

Edit: also not sure how Tino keeps getting overlooked at LB but it's probably too late for him now. Is he injured atm?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom