UEFA Euro 2024 Qualifiers & Friendlies ** spoilers ** [21st - 26th March 2024]

Soldato
Gomez and Dunk playing tiki taka on the edge of Brazil's box isn't exactly going to put the fear of god into them
Tbf there was absolutely nothing infront of them.

Nothing from wide at all, Bellingham was poor, Watkins did nothing. The whole team was bang average...90 minutes i wont get back.

Caporegime
Some really poor performances but Gallagher and Watkins really stood out as players that just aren’t good enough at this level.

As for Southgate, why can’t the pundits ever say it like it is. The guy’s worse than Putin, will hopefully end up in The Hague for crimes against football :mad:

Last edited:
Associate
--------------------Pickford------------------------
Walker - Stones - Maguire/Branthwaite - Shaw
----------- Rice - Bellingham - Barkley ---------
------------ Saka - Kane - Foden ----------------

That would be my starting 11 for Euros.

Sadly i don't think we can win the tournament with our current center-back options. Plus Southgate being overly cautious at the wrong moments.

Last edited:
Soldato
Walker - Stones - Slabhead/Branthwaite - Shaw

Sadly i don't think we can win the tournament with our current center-back options.
Easy for me to say but having watched that tonight you have to get Trent in there somewhere because that was awful from both sides tonight.

Soldato
Walker - Stones - Maguire/Branthwaite - Shaw

Sadly i don't think we can win the tournament with our current center-back options. Plus Southgate being overly cautious at the wrong moments.
Depends on who we're playing imo.

Against strong teams:
Pickford
Walker-Stones-Maguire-Shaw
Bellingham-Rice-Trent
Saka-Kane-Foden

Against weaker teams:
Pickford
Trent-Stones-Maguire-Shaw
Bellingham-Rice-Foden
Saka-Kane-Gordon/Watkins

Soldato
Some really poor performances but Gallagher and Watkins really stood out as players that just aren’t good enough at this level.

As for Southgate, why can’t the pundits ever say it like it is. The guy’s worse than Putin, will hopefully end up in The Hague for crimes against football :mad:
If a player is good enough to top the G+A chart in the Premier League he's probably good enough for international football.

Soldato
If a player is good enough to top the G+A chart in the Premier League he's probably good enough for international football.
Or they suit the team they are playing for and cant adapt. Dominic Calvert-Lewin was top scorer at one point and linked with various top 4 clubs, hes absolute pony.

Last edited:

fez

fez

Caporegime
Or they suit the team they are playing for and cant adapt. Dominic Calvert-Lewin was top scorer at one point and linked with various top 4 clubs, hes absolute pony.

Yeah, I bet some scouts are wiping their brows right now after suggesting him to their clubs for big money. Had a crazy purple patch and has reverted to base form now.

Soldato
Historically there have been plenty of players that have reached the top or near top of the scoring charts that haven't translated that to the national team.
Christ you'd think he'd played 50 games for the national team with the way you lot are going on about him, not 358 minutes in the last 4 years (a goal every 119 minutes btw).

Last edited by a moderator:

fez

fez

Caporegime
Christ you'd think he'd played 50 games for the national team with the way you lot are going on about him, not 358 minutes in the last 4 years (a goal every 119 minutes btw).

I think the point is that he has been pretty crap for England when he has played and hes been pretty crap domestically as well. Basically, little to recommend him.

Back
Top Bottom