• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Unreal Engine 5 - unbelievable.

Associate
Absolutely gorgeous, its unbelievable how far graphics have come. Just really hoping this actually translates to games, and we dont get a dumbed down version like so many times before.

Tekken 8 trailer looks astounding!

Soldato
Absolutely gorgeous, its unbelievable how far graphics have come. Just really hoping this actually translates to games, and we dont get a dumbed down version like so many times before.

Tekken 8 trailer looks astounding!

Hate to burst your bubble but games won't look like the tech demos. They never do unfortunately.

As for Tekken 8, the first reveal trailer looked awesome, but since they've released gameplay trailers the gtraphics look pretty average imo.

Last edited:
Associate
Hate to burst your bubble but games won't look like the tech demos. They never do unfortunately.

As for Tekken 8, the first reveal trailer looked awesome, but since they've released gameplay trailers the gtraphics look pretty average imo.

Sure usually they dont, but from all the things ive seen related to UE5 - the games using this will look almost as good as the CGI trailers for games they release

Soldato

With nanite, if I'm not mistaken, is up to devs to make the worlds as detailed as they want. No need to downgrade anymore.
Anyway, using Chaos physics system would be even more impressive going forward since physics is something rarely developed beyond some basic implementations.

Soldato
I don't need prettier graphics at this point but I would love for some much improved AI(we are talking huge leap) and epic physics/destruction(again huge leap). I would love to be able to drive through a rando house in a huge truck with all the proper damages to both the house and the truck. Would love nonsense like that. There are plenty of demoes on the internet showcasing stuff like this but it never makes it into to a game.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I don't need prettier graphics at this point but I would love for some much improved AI(we are talking huge leap) and epic physics/destruction(again huge leap). I would love to be able to drive through a rando house in a huge truck with all the proper damages to both the house and the truck. Would love nonsense like that. There are plenty of demoes on the internet showcasing stuff like this but it never makes it into to a game.

I need that and the pretty graphics :D

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Next gen (when I will likely be upgrading) 16GB should be standard anyway. Most games being made on this engine won't be out until 2024 so no biggie :D

Soldato
Maybe now where animation gets a lot easier and quicker to do, and perhaps cheaper as a result, we can have some proper gameplay changing elements added to the games such as insane physics and/or proper AI?

Back
Top Bottom