Vince's Ebay Repair Thread - (Console Repairs & Mods)

Soldato
ok so both boot, and both have vram corruption :) I wonder if we can make one good out of 2 or we swap all their ram...

Yeah one of them gets very, very hot so not sure if it is actually VRAM, think it is the larger one, untouchably hot.

EDIT: Also not sure how much VRAM costs these days, let me know. :)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Yeah one of them gets very, very hot so not sure if it is actually VRAM, think it is the larger one, untouchably hot.

EDIT: Also not sure how much VRAM costs these days, let me know. :)

The fact its got actual holes in its vram may explain this:

Its got 4 chips that are seriously burnt / have holes in the same place....

Last edited:
Soldato
Its got 4 chips that are seriously burnt / have holes in the same place....

Yeah, that's got to be a power delivery issue somewhere?
I think last time I bought some of the Micron IC's they were MT61K256M32JE-14:A but those look like SK Hynix ones, I paid about $7 each from Aliexpress that was a while ago though, you probably have better more up to date info. :)

Man of Honour
OP
Yeah, that's got to be a power delivery issue somewhere?
I think last time I bought some of the Micron IC's they were MT61K256M32JE-14:A but those look like SK Hynix ones, I paid about $7 each from Aliexpress that was a while ago though, you probably have better more up to date info. :)

Ive found them and 4 of them are 32 quid. I dont think the cards got delivery issue I recon somebody has clocked the nuts out of the memory for extended time... I wonder if it was a mining card?

Id probably replace them all looking at it tbh thats like 47 quid

Last edited:
Soldato
Ive found them and 4 of them are 32 quid. I dont think the cards got delivery issue I recon somebody has clocked the nuts out of the memory for extended time... I wonder if it was a mining card?

Id probably replace them all looking at it tbh thats like 47 quid

Why it IC part number please? Can't see from that picture. :)

Soldato
H56G32CS40-X005

but looks like that is interchangeable with H56G32CS4D-X005

Got to weigh up the options then, if it is only the Memory IC's and the rest of the card is fine then maybe just order them as cheap as possible form Taobao/Aliexpress or something, and wait for delivery. How many hours is it going to take you to replace 6x memory IC's, and retest the card, as I need to make sure you are adequately compensated. :)

Man of Honour
OP
Got to weigh up the options then, if it is only the Memory IC's and the rest of the card is fine then maybe just order them as cheap as possible form Taobao/Aliexpress or something, and wait for delivery. How many hours is it going to take you to replace 6x memory IC's, and retest the card, as I need to make sure you are adequately compensated. :)

About an hour to swap em all over.

Man of Honour
OP

Thought I would check the other one... different mem chips on that one

Back
Top Bottom