Vince's Ebay Repair Thread - (Console Repairs & Mods)

Soldato
No idea as I havent yet had it on batteries as they had an external battery adapter thing that I dont have... I have however ordered some "stuff" so that I can put the same LiPo config in it that is in my GG so I will be able to face them off once that is done. My GG will do about 10 hours on it's batteries.
Oh right that's not bad at all. It must be my memory failing me but I seem to remember my mates Game Gear absolutely draining batteries.

Man of Honour
OP
Oh right that's not bad at all. It must be my memory failing me but I seem to remember my mates Game Gear absolutely draining batteries.

Oh yea stock they will destroy batteries - None of my systems are stock though :p If you ever see me post a system chance of it being stock are slim to none :cry: - I just cant leave the bloody things alone.

A stock Game Gear will melt a set of batteries in an hour, my modified GG (removed the 34v circuit and the whole GG runs off basically 5v) will last around 7 hours on a set of batteries while having a far superior screen.

Mine has lipo's and a usb-c charge circuit.

Like this (104050's 2x 2000mah in series using a s2 board)...

I wouldnt give a customer one back like this.. Id normally do a load of work on the batteries making them not look ghetto. There is one in this thread somewhere with a "customer version" of this mod.

After ive done the same sort of mods on the nomad I would expect it to last I dunno 8 hours or so, its already got the functional mods I wanted now so next up ill mod its power delivery with some internal Lipo batteries as long as I can find a way to fit them in the shell.

So far its just rocking a moden IPS and the ability to region switch from NTSC/PAL and EU/USA/JP.

Last edited:
Soldato
A stock Game Gear will melt a set of batteries in an hour, my modified GG (removed the 34v circuit and the whole GG runs off basically 5v) will last around 7 hours on a set of batteries while having a far superior screen.
Any idea why Sega didn't remove this 34v circuit when it was released?

Man of Honour
OP
i seem to recall mine used to whistle as well. Possibly the step up converter?

Mine went on a cruise with a friend back in 1994 and never re-appeared :mad:

Ohh I haven't had one that whistles ive had some off electrical hums from them but not a full on whistle.

Man of Honour
OP
Was just a slightly annoying high pitch whine/whistle. Maybe it was because my hearing was still fully functional at that age? ;)

I mean they weren't built to last thats for sure. Gameboys are somewhat bullet proof. The GG though there probably isnt a 100% stock working one anywhere on the planet that hasnt had a recap etc. Then the chances of a acceptable working original screen is like 1 in 10 or there abouts.

Man of Honour
OP

If you guessed 6 gddr chips from the fella in China for your 1660 or whatever it is you would be absolutely correct :)

Will slap em on it and give it a run in over the next few days. Dude even sent the correct ones first time...

No stencil yet for the other card but sure that will be here soon.

Last edited:
Soldato

If you guessed 6 gddr chips from the fella in China for your 1660 or whatever it is you would be absolutely correct :)

Will slap em on it and give it a run in over the next few days. Dude even sent the correct ones first time...

No stencil yet for the other card but sure that will be here soon.

Just hope they don't all set on fire at first boot. :cry:

Looking forward to seeing the result!

Man of Honour
OP
Loads of send in's appeared today including a Megadrive (for tripple bypass) & a mega CD that crashes on bios screen :) - Loads of mod kits sent with them... should be fun!

Man of Honour
OP
Not sure what that means, but sounds in-depth!

It basically removes all the audio and video signals off of the motherboard onto a separate board and provides a ton of upgrades. It basically provides the following:

• Uses the latest THS7374 amp and uses bypass circuitry to improve RGB signal clarity.
  • Utilises the Mega Amp 2.0 audio amp which vastly improves the audio compared to stock.
  • Jumpers which allow you to choose between many audio configurations.
  • Audio optimised with the MDFourier project to match the best audio quality that comes from a new Model 1.
  • Low-pass filter toggle.
This is for the same guy I did the 32x, master system and Nintendo Switch for a few weeks back... looks like I am slowly working my way through his collection fixing it up and putting in all the mods he would like :) The 32x is already set up ready to accept any mods he decides to put into this and will auto swap regions based on whatever signal it receives. He has also provided a multi region bios chip with the mega CD :) :cool:

The flash cart is also here to be unbricked..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom