Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Man of Honour
You use ISP email?
brother-eww-eww.gif

Associate
Received a letter through the post today from Virgin Media regarding my complaint which I raised last October about the price of my contract.

I was paying £91 for 1Gig, Talk weekends and Maxit TV and my contract was up at the end of April and they are now offering to remove the TV and landline and charge me £40 for the 1Gig which is what I asked for.

They also said that I can cancel my o2 sim with no consequences to my broadband speed and I was paying £6 a month for 4GB data and have got the PAC code today and moving to ID mobile, 25GB a month for £8. I needed to bin off o2 as the signal is patchy in my area.

Never use the landline, only get spam calls on it and I can get all the same TV channels we watch through the LG smart TV so felt tied in to having these.

£40 may still sound a little too high to some I think but in my area there are no alternatives (60Mb BT fibre).

Soldato
Received a letter through the post today from Virgin Media regarding my complaint which I raised last October about the price of my contract.

I was paying £91 for 1Gig, Talk weekends and Maxit TV and my contract was up at the end of April and they are now offering to remove the TV and landline and charge me £40 for the 1Gig which is what I asked for.

They also said that I can cancel my o2 sim with no consequences to my broadband speed and I was paying £6 a month for 4GB data and have got the PAC code today and moving to ID mobile, 25GB a month for £8. I needed to bin off o2 as the signal is patchy in my area.

Never use the landline, only get spam calls on it and I can get all the same TV channels we watch through the LG smart TV so felt tied in to having these.

£40 may still sound a little too high to some I think but in my area there are no alternatives (60Mb BT fibre).
£40 for 1Gb seems ok to me, got 1Gb + O2 sim for £46 (1Gb = £41, O2 = £5). They tried to charge £72 for 1Gb at first so I was all set to cancel.

Associate
I'm now 30 days away from my current deal ending so started the obligatory cancelation of the line.

Currently paying £26 a month for 1gig (broadband only) as 02 volt customer.
They offered me £46 on a new contract, told them to stick it.

I now await the half dozen calls from retentions until they are able to renew at the existing price!

Soldato
I’m currently on Upp and I’ve been offered Gig1 symmetrical with a fixed IP address for £43/month on an 18 month contract. Is that reasonable? It’s very hard to check the Virgin Media website because it currently shows Virgin as unavailable in my area.

Man of Honour
I’m currently on Upp and I’ve been offered Gig1 symmetrical with a fixed IP address for £43/month on an 18 month contract. Is that reasonable? It’s very hard to check the Virgin Media website because it currently shows Virgin as unavailable in my area.
1 Gb on VM is £39 for 18 months for new customers (100 mbps upload) so I would say £42 for symmetrical is decent. Don't forget Top Cashback/Vouchercodes etc if signing up as a new customer.

Associate
I'm now 30 days away from my current deal ending so started the obligatory cancelation of the line.

Currently paying £26 a month for 1gig (broadband only) as 02 volt customer.
They offered me £46 on a new contract, told them to stick it.

I now await the half dozen calls from retentions until they are able to renew at the existing price!
Update: first retention call today, offered me £42 a month to stay.
Told them to stick it (albeit politely).

Was told they'd remove me from their call list; I fully expect a call later this week.

Rab

Rab

Associate
got that letter last week, was checking about today to see if full fibre about yet, as knew was coming soon.
lol now i can get from a few providers now bt/sky/ee/vodafone . all well under VM prices. seems vodafone cheapest. need to read up some.
vm been my only fast option for years. so this good. no price cut when call, it bye bye

Associate
image.png

My 18 month contract ends this month and increasing from £25pm to £60 odd if I leave it alone - M250 package...
Logging into my account and clicking on offers comes up with the above but not sure if this would be immune to the price increases next month? Anyone know?

Last edited:
Soldato
Got a Hub 5 today, been using a Hub 3 for 5+ years. After a few mins and a PC restart, getting ~1Gb/100Mb.
I'm told a manager has ordered me a Hub 5 and I'm looking forward to seeing what all the hype is about.

My current speed doesn't normally qualify for the Hub 5, but an engineer came to my property recently and offered to put one in there and then. I declined, as I was a sceptical and wanted to look up what people said and my findings are positive. As the engineer noted all of this on my account, Virgin are telling me they will post one out to me on this basis, but they wouldn't normally hence the need for a manager to order it. I've not had an email confirming my order or with a tracking number, but this is apparently normal when managers order equipment like this.

Last edited:
Soldato
image.png

My 18 month contract ends this month and increasing from £25pm to £60 odd if I leave it alone - M250 package...
Logging into my account and clicking on offers comes up with the above but not sure if this would be immune to the price increases next month? Anyone know?
Confusing - does that really suggest that £28 is a 10% discount from £25?

What??

Back
Top Bottom