Warhammer Total War Confirmed

Soldato
Creative Assembly only have the Fantasy Battles rights I thought. FPS game Space Hulk Deathwing out this year I think.

Call of Warhammer is the mod for Medieval 2 Total War.

Soldato
I have wanted them to do this since the first Shogun or a Lord of the Rings Total War based upon the Simarilion. However, I have really not like the last two games from them I have played (Shogun 2 and Rome 2) so there is a bit of doubt there. I will wait and see what they come up with.

Soldato
OP
I have wanted them to do this since the first Shogun or a Lord of the Rings Total War based upon the Simarilion. However, I have really not like the last two games from them I have played (Shogun 2 and Rome 2) so there is a bit of doubt there. I will wait and see what they come up with.

Shogun 2 and expansion was a really good game, ive put about a 100 more hours into that than rome 2. But my favourite was medieval 2 total war, I loved that especially with the stainless steel mod and third age mod. Didn't really like empire and napoleon total war even with the extremely well made darthmod. I think it was cause I have no interest in that era/timeline.

Soldato
Didn't really like empire and napoleon total war even with the extremely well made darthmod.

See now they were my favourites after Medieval 2. But prior to playing them I had read some great books about Napolean and Wellington so I had a real interest in that historical period.

Soldato
This is one of the absolute best announcements in gaming I've heard for years. I've been a huge fan of the TW games, they are probably my number one gaming franchise along with Metal Gear. I loved Dawn of War but remember putting a post on here or somewhere similar saying that the scale didn't feel epic enough and that I thought Creative Assembly would make a fantastic Warhammer game. I was talking about 40k, but I think this will suit their game style even better.

So long as they don't make this a buggy mess and they manage to incorporate all the units correctly I can see it being absolutely epic. I wonder how they're going to do flying units like dragons and the pegasus, that's completely new for TW games.

Soldato
I much prefer 40k but I dont think it would lend too well to a total war game.

Id rather see a LOTR game (Like the TATW mod) but in the newer engine all sexy etc.

Associate
I assume the reason this has taken so long to happen is because GW wanted to wait until the End Times were finished and to have it set in whatever the warhammer world looks like in 9th edition. Never played a total war game but might get this.

Soldato
too limited though with the sheer wealth of backstory warhammer has, it can be so much more

They were made years back so I am pretty sure we can expect many iconic battles to be recreated within the game :)

As for the 40k thing, It wouldn't work as well in this kind of setting due to the Skirmish nature of the 40k battles and about 90% of things being ranged and then melee, Which is why the DOW games work so well... Although recreating Isstvan III would be epic

Back
Top Bottom