What film did you watch last night?

Associate
Gladiator Extended Edition - 8/10

Grear film that I've seen many times before. The added bits are decent enough, but don't make a massive difference. The theatrical cut is better paced and overall a better movie.

Man of Honour
Equalizer 3 (2023)

Another film we watched at the cinema and now rewatched at home. Probably enjoyed it more at home. The cinema we went to wasn't great and there's were a lot of disturbances. It's still the weakest of the three films, but watchable non the less.

5/10

fez

fez

Caporegime
Just watched Top Gun Maverick. Wish I had seen it at the cinema. I reckon the aerial scenes and sound would have been amazing. Great film nonetheless. Just a good, simple film that was really well done. Bit cheesy at times. Nostalgic at times but but good clean fun.

8/10

Associate
Roadhouse (New one) - 4/10
First parts of the movie were actually pretty good with Gyllenhaal.
Then mcgreggor appears and is twice the size he normally is, is that roids or cgi? Overacted every part and destroyed what was left of the movie.

Soldato
Saw the latest Ghostbusters .. 5/10 (5 being average) it's trying to be everything to everyone and hand over the reigns.. I just wish they did Ghostbusters Horror.. complete with creep, and scares..

Associate
Watching older childhood favourites continues! The Mask (1994), not as funny as I remember but still got a few chuckles 6.5/10

Last edited:
Caporegime
Cuando acecha la maldad.

When brothers Pedro and Jaime hear gunshots in the woods at night, they suspect some dodgy ******** is afoot in their sleepy Argentinian village. The next morning they discover a half eaten corpse.

Their investigation leads them to the house of María, who explains that Uriel—bloated, bedridden, and covered in weeping sores—is possessed by a demon.

After a failed attempt to seek help from the the local police (who curiously show no interest) the brothers visit Ruiz, who helps them to dump Uriel's visibly rotting body—still very much alive, despite the odds—on a deserted highway several hours from the village.

It turns out that this was not a good idea after all, and everything gets very much worse, very quickly.

Cuando acecha la maldad is a fine example of the aggressive cinematography we've come to expect from Mariano Suárez, blended with the famously eccentric directorial choices of Demián Rugna. I must confess to some skepticism when I saw Luis Ziembrowski(!?) cast alongside Lucrecia Nirón Talazac(?!) but I'm delighted to admit they both proved me wrong in the best possible way.

If you're looking for a solid Argentinian horror, this is definitely one for you.

I rate Cuando acecha la maldad at 24.97 on the Haglee Scale, which works out as a robust 7.5 on IMDB.

Caporegime
The Beekeeper - 4/10

Mildly entertaining, but overall it’s a poor film. It’s pretty ridiculous in most aspects.

The scam call centre is massively cringe, and the film has without doubt the world’s worst swat teams. Couldn’t hit a barn door with a banjo

Soldato
Shazam - 6/10

Shazam 2 - 3/10

Now I've never heard of this muppet before until I re-watched Black Adam recently and was more curious about why the word Shazam was use to change him back to a mortal.

I was initially confused as to why Shazam aka Billy Bateson was a child but it all became clear quickly enough. I enjoyed the first film and laughed a few times. The second film was totally different and I felt like I was watching a Nickleodeon teenage flick. The second film made me realise Shazam himself in his superhero form is an absolute idiot. The star of the show was his half adopted brother oddly enough and the wizard. The second film was just all over the place and very disjointed really. The dragon looked awesome though!

Last edited:
Soldato
Shazam - 6/10

Shazam 2 - 3/10

Now I've never heard of this muppet before until I re-watched Black Adam recently and was more curious about why the word Shazam was use to change him back to a mortal.

I was initially confused as to why Shazam aka Billy Bateson was a child but it all became clear quickly enough. I enjoyed the first film and laughed a few times. The second film was totally different and I felt like I was watching a Nickleodeon teenage flick. The second film made me realise Shazam himself in his superhero form is an absolute idiot. The star of the show was his half adopted brother oddly enough and the wizard. The second film was just all over the place and very disjointed really. The dragon looked awesome though!
What you need to keep in your head with Shazam is that although he turns in to an adult he is still a child in an adult body.

Back
Top Bottom