What game did you play last?

Soldato
looks so good and like a professional paint job looking at those photos,
what were the light green ones ?

i was thining of picking up : ALIEN: Fate of the Nostromo
as its in my local waterstones, trying to support local busines and all.

Soldato
looks so good and like a professional paint job looking at those photos,
what were the light green ones ?

i was thining of picking up : ALIEN: Fate of the Nostromo
as its in my local waterstones, trying to support local busines and all.
The light green ones the Dead Men of Dunharrow...weird ghosts that fight for men in return of the king

Man of Honour
Played Burgle Bros 2 last night. Was doing quite well, had 4 of the safe code numbers decoded and then it all went to poop. Got caught by the bouncers 3 times in 5 rounds and that was it... game over.

Really need to get the minis for it. They look great.

Soldato
The light green ones the Dead Men of Dunharrow...weird ghosts that fight for men in return of the king
ah yes i did wonder if they were the ghosts, i thought it might have had a more transparant appearnce on the molding instead of a more solid green. kinda ruins it a little ya know that i mean.

Played Burgle Bros 2 last night. Was doing quite well, had 4 of the safe code numbers decoded and then it all went to poop. Got caught by the bouncers 3 times in 5 rounds and that was it... game over.

Really need to get the minis for it. They look great.
yup those minies do look nice and the tin also :)
its one i havent got around to par-taking of at the moment

Soldato
ah yes i did wonder if they were the ghosts, i thought it might have had a more transparant appearnce on the molding instead of a more solid green. kinda ruins it a little ya know that i mean.

yup those minies do look nice and the tin also :)
its one i havent got around to par-taking of at the moment
I think the base plastic was a pale blue, the paint is kinda a milky white - green type mix. It was very difficult to pull off, looks better in real life than on those photos.

Associate
sea salt and paper with the extra salt expansion, plus Leaf which was delivered earlier in the week to a friend.
Got to say sea salt and paper was the best game of the year for me, well last year anyway.

Associate
Last time I played Mafia with my fiends. I am interested if you know this game.
So, we have one person who is a host, and other people who secretly choose cards and than get the role. You can be Mafia ( his task is kill players) policemen ( he have to recognise, who is mafia), doctor ( heal players), and citizens ( they have no any aptitude). The game has two alternating phases: first, a night-phase, during which Mafia covertly kill other players, and second, a day-phase, in which all surviving players debate and vote to eliminate a suspect.

Soldato
i havent played mafia, but theres another variant called werewolf thats quiet popular its a differant take on the same style.
maybe try that to shake it up a little

Associate
Picked up the Cthulhu: Death May Die core box at the weekend and have gotten a couple of solo 2-handed games in.

Pretty straight forward and enjoyable, just need to remember all the Elder One triggers on advancement and end of turn.

Soldato
Have been playing Wingspan, Heat: Pedal to the Metal, 7 Wonders Duel, Ticket to Ride on Board Game Arena. Have also had a couple of games of Sky Team which has not actually been released as a physical game (but will be soon). Good fun co-operative 2 player game with no communication between players during each round as you try to land a plane.

Also played real games of My Gold Mine (a great quick push your luck game) and Cover Your Assets (a trick taking and set stealing card game).

Man of Honour
Yesterday received First in Flight. New kickstarter game.

Today, played it twice with 2 different groups. Excellent game. Really nice visually, components of the KS edition are superb (resin pieces and metal coins) and a really interesting combination of mechanisms. Push your luck and deck builder.

Really cool game. Looking forward to playing it a lot more.

Man of Honour
Have been playing Wingspan, Heat: Pedal to the Metal, 7 Wonders Duel, Ticket to Ride on Board Game Arena. Have also had a couple of games of Sky Team which has not actually been released as a physical game (but will be soon). Good fun co-operative 2 player game with no communication between players during each round as you try to land a plane.

Also played real games of My Gold Mine (a great quick push your luck game) and Cover Your Assets (a trick taking and set stealing card game).
Keep meaning to find someone with a copy of Heat to try. I do enjoy racing games. Played Formula D and Flamme Rouge several times. Still waiting for a good deal on Rallyman GT as well.

Soldato
Keep meaning to find someone with a copy of Heat to try. I do enjoy racing games. Played Formula D and Flamme Rouge several times. Still waiting for a good deal on Rallyman GT as well.
Try it on BGA. It's not as good as playing it in person but makes learning the game easier as BGA does all the rules, scoring etc...
I've also got Downforce which is slightly different but still very good fun.

Soldato
Monthly boardgame meet in Fareham last night and it was a busy one so joined in with;

Flamecraft
It's a nice enjoyable game. Some tactical play involved and it's on the light end of complexity.

7 Wonders Architects
Quick and simple, think I prefer this to standard 7 Wonders.

Camel Up (2nd ed)
Love this game but hadn't played 2nd edition before. Only change are the crazy camels and I love a random element in a game.

Had First Rat in the bag but not enough time to get that out.

img

img

Associate
As its getting to Christmas what games of 2023 are people enjoying? I will be looking to buy something new for 2 players and up. I already pre ordered Ark Nova Expansion

Man of Honour
As its getting to Christmas what games of 2023 are people enjoying? I will be looking to buy something new for 2 players and up. I already pre ordered Ark Nova Expansion
Not necessarily from 2023, but the ones I've played most this year.

Flamecraft, First in Flight, Terraforming Mars (with Prelude), Terraforming Mars Ares Expedition, Terraforming Mars The Dice Game (I like Terraforming Mars...), Sub Terra II, Awkward Guests (with 6 players), Dice Hospital/Theme Park, Bunny Kingdom, Cartographers, Just One, 7 Wonders, Nanty Narking, Thunder Road Vendetta

Last edited:
Soldato
Sushi Go - is always a good game. 3-5 plays players, 4 is around optimal. or sushi go party.
I'd probably suggesvt, not 2023
MicroMacro: Crime City - around 3 playsers 4 players if some one is just reading.
Echoes Game: The Cocktail
Terraforming Mars Ares Expedition
Pandemic: The Cure

how about a murder mystery thing i.e. cold case / Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective: The Thames Murders / Suspects
Mysterium
Survive: Escape from Atlantis 30th Anniversary Edition
Jenga+ttrpg = Dread
Stop the Train!

2023 :
simialr to Terraforming mars as i understand

Deep Space D-6 is finally in stock in the uk store so im gonna pick this up.​

Back
Top Bottom