What game did you play last?

Associate
Way before heroquest, we used to play sorcerors cave. We added a bunch of our own cave cards, extra rules and characters. Quite a good way to get newbies into customising games.

Man of Honour
Done quite a bit lately.

Over christmas and new year got to play Sushi Go, Colt Express, First In Flight, Azul, Roll For It, Awkward Guests, Cursed Court, Everdell, Sub Terra II, Ticket To Ride Europe, Skull King and others that I've forgotten.

Didn't get any games for Christmas, but on the lookout for a good deal on Heat: Pedal to the Metal and Shelfie Stacker. Trying not to buy too many things at the moment.

My normal gaming groups start again this week too, so more games to play! ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
I really need to have a cull of my collection to free up some space.
There are Kickstarters from 4 years ago that haven't been opened and I am building a quite a 'Spare Dining Chair of Potential' pile

Soldato
Done quite a bit lately.

Over christmas and new year got to play Sushi Go, Colt Express, First In Flight, Azul, Roll For It, Awkward Guests, Cursed Court, Everdell, Sub Terra II, Ticket To Ride Europe, Skull King and others that I've forgotten.

Didn't get any games for Christmas, but on the lookout for a good deal on Heat: Pedal to the Metal and Shelfie Stacker. Trying not to buy too many things at the moment.

My normal gaming groups start again this week too, so more games to play! ;)

I have Colt Express but yet to play it, as well as Heat (which I have played on BGA). As others have said, my "to play" game pile is far too big.
Ticket to Ride Europe is good but I prefer the original which has a better map I think.

I've been playing Forest Shuffle and Stockpile quite a bit on BGA. I've also been playing Viticulture as I got it for Christmas, so I'm learning the game by playing it on BGA.

Over Christmas we also played Long Shot: The Dice Game which is always fun, along with Just One which is a great easy party game to play, especially with a group of people.

Soldato
this seemed as agod a place to put it as any were else but digital table top games from humblebundkle, worth a look :

i'm tempted with a few. already have Gloomhaven

Soldato
Played Betrayal at the House on the Hill (3rd Edition) over Xmas with some friends and it was a helluva lot of fun! Loved the theme and everyone embraced the spookiness!

Also played Cyclades, that is one helluva game, loved it.

Soldato
Won Horizons of Spirit Island tonight after a few gameplay videos and a failed attempt.

Still using the recommended next powers to start.

The game has a huge amount of variables!

Last edited:
Associate
It's very pretty and quite abstract, has quite a bit of blocking strategy, but if you like thematic games, it probably doesn't cover that much.

We also play a bit of Dice Throne which is great, either in 2s or 4s (two teams, which is great fun)

Soldato
i read its best to play with the herb witchs expansion, it adds a lot but doesnt add to the complexity. but generally well recieved
i have the full box sitting waiting to be played at some point

Man of Honour
i read its best to play with the herb witchs expansion, it adds a lot but doesnt add to the complexity. but generally well recieved
i have the full box sitting waiting to be played at some point
Yup. Certainly is the best way. Found the Alchemists added a little complexity, but little fun.

Got to play Terraforming Mars again last night. This time with Prelude, Colonies and Venus. First time we've played with Colonies and Venus. Adds a few more options to resource gathering. Final score was close, for 3 of us anyway. Something like 82, 84 and 86... and the 4th player on 112. Thrashed.

Back
Top Bottom