What game did you play last?

Soldato
Have been playing a few new games this week.
Started with Marvel Dice Throne on Monday. Got the 4 character box so started with Thor and Scarlet Witch. Was fun so will try the other characters and hten might get the additional boxes with other characters too.
Yesterday we played The Quacks of Quedlinburg which was great fun. Really good push-your-luck game which was funny when players push too far. Will definately be playing again.
This evening will be either be Colt Express or Flamecraft.

Soldato
Well I'm back into DnD. The previous group went on pause when the GM had a few real life issues. The GM seems to be back on the case and a new group has been formed, at the moment only I have returned from the previous group. So I'm about 3 or 4 sessions into playing DnD on Roll20 now. I'm feeling a lot more confident, although my mastery of the Roll20 tools is abysmal but I'll get up to speed I'm sure.

Soldato
I have just gone through the character creation for a game called Traveller. It's my first time playing something like this, first session 16th of march.

I also played my first game of magic a few weeks ago since probably about 1999.

Soldato
I have just gone through the character creation for a game called Traveller. It's my first time playing something like this, first session 16th of march.

I also played my first game of magic a few weeks ago since probably about 1999.
I love the character creation for traveller.

Although in the newer releases, I don't think you can die.

Soldato
I'm watched a few of the GlassCannon network youtube eps of traveller it looks fun.
but you cant die any more just get ultra crippled to the point its really difficault to come back from. its not health based so much as stat based. i think you could die in the original release (classic). its still played but a lot of people i think moved on to the Mongoose version.
there are something like 5 differant version of traveller.

one day i'll try playing with people :)

if people are interested in watching some played out.
Seth write and adapted some of the original Traveller to the new series and has his own channel.

Soldato
I did find that it was difficult to continue creating one character in Traveller when in lost my 3rd arm.

Shame as I had some good stats and was looking forward playing that one.
Made it to Admiral in the Navy in my re-roll though.

Associate
Managed a game of Hallertau with my wife lat night, and I finally won! I wasn't sure she would like it as it can come across as a bit of a dry game, but the puzzly element (combined with the possibility of immortal sheep) has made it one of our favourites.

Soldato
Long Shot: The Dice Game

Roll & Write horse racing. You can only do 1 of the 5 actions for the horse that has been rolled (unless you use one of your 3 wild cards).
You can buy horses netting you a race purse for a top 3 finish.
The winner is the player with the most money at the end.

Our group game got quite tactical towards the end with horses being moved around, my 'owned' horse was 1 space from winning and got moved back 6 spaces before it eventually came in 3rd.
Has a solo mode too which I found very easy but that is down to lucky rolls.

Quick and enjoyable, not a table hog either so might take it to the pub some time.

Soldato
A couple of rounds of Pandemic, first one we managed to get two Epidemic cards pretty much back to back which really intensified it and we failed. Second was more sedate.

Man of Honour
Forgot to post about FBGCon that happened a couple of weeks ago. Got a few games in over 10 or so hours. Castles of Burgandy (the new acrylic tile version - much nicer), Lost Ruins of Arnak, Terraforming Mars, Sub Terra II and First in Flight. Was a great day.

Only bought the one game, it wasn't cheap as it was a still in shrink out of print game, but it's meant to be a fantastic worker placement game. The Godfather: Corleone's Empire. Not played it yet, but have gone through the rules a couple of time. It's got some great nods to the film. The first player marker is a horses head and when you kill off another players piece, they go into the river as they 'sleep with the fishes'. Hoping to get it to the table soon.

Soldato
Finally got to play Skyrim last night at a friends. My copy is still unopened after a year.
The rulebook is a little chaotic so highly recommend a watch it played on YT.

Levelling works well enough, as a co-op you don't want to level up too quick otherwise you screw over the other players and inevitably yourself.
Upgrading & enchanting is good although I think it would be better to be able to choose the bonus, even from limited options.
Combat works well but unless you 'Sneak' successfully, enemies go first, even if you are using a ranged weapon (stealth archer anyone?)
Quest system is very similar to Fallout (different publisher) or 7th Continent - take this card if you do this, that card if you do the other thing - in order to progress the story (think Choose Your Own Adventure books)

There are even a load of dl resources to expand it further as well as 2 official expansions.

Works really well with 2. Plays up to 4.
There is also a 5-8 player expansion but the amount of downtime would be ridiculous unless it introduces a simultaneous turn mechanic.

Soldato
Played a few runs through Time Stories Asylum and don't really get it. First one was pretty good got couple of permanent items which help. Second was useless third not much better. Only cost £8 in the Game sale but I'd be gutted to have paid anything like full price.

Yesterday played a round of Dorf Romantik which was fun, quick and simple. Tile placement co-operative with built in expansions which you unlock by getting high scores.

Back
Top Bottom