what headphones do you own thread - i own dt150's :)

Soldato
Check your dm's I sent you two cables types there one with a 4.4mm to 3.5mm balanced and one with an xlr 4pin to 3.5mm balanced, you didn't state what end you needed so sent you both balanced ends to the amp/dac and pick the one you need.
Thank you for the links. Sorry I should have stated 4.4mm, I'm running these on a Ibasso DX170 and also off a Fiio Q11.

Associate
Couple of new headphones for me.

Sennheiser HD 650
Was very difficult choosing between the HD 650s, HD 600 and Sundara's, however the urge to get the Sennheiser classic was too strong. More people seem to prefer the 600s, but I found enough comments I think I can trust when it comes to the 650s having ever so slightly more bass and smoother treble. Early impressions are good. I spent this morning A-B'ing the HD 650 against my HD 560S and whilst it's close the vocals, mids, resolution and clarity definitely shine on the 650s. I was picking up things I've not head before on certain tracks.

I do hate the included cable though. Does anyone have any recommendations? Ideally not £60, unless spending that much is better. Would like 90cm to 120cm length and ending in 3.5mm.

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero:RED
Got these for £40 (after using voucher) and wow what a bargain. I have a love/hate relationship with IEMs with comfort often being my issue. My last ones; Tin T2s from a few years ago hurt my ears. These feel better so far. Sound profile is lovely (even without the 10 ohms adaptor they come with to boost bass). Think these will be fantastic for gaming. Get loads of stuff in the package, where the packaging itself is something else.

So off to start packing up some old 'phones now. I think my 560S and TYGRs are going to be replaced by the 650s for music and then I'll keep the PC 38Xs (and h6pros) for gaming.

ovGQoLUl.jpg

Couple of new headphones for me.

Sennheiser HD 650
Was very difficult choosing between the HD 650s, HD 600 and Sundara's, however the urge to get the Sennheiser classic was too strong. More people seem to prefer the 600s, but I found enough comments I think I can trust when it comes to the 650s having ever so slightly more bass and smoother treble. Early impressions are good. I spent this morning A-B'ing the HD 650 against my HD 560S and whilst it's close the vocals, mids, resolution and clarity definitely shine on the 650s. I was picking up things I've not head before on certain tracks.

I do hate the included cable though. Does anyone have any recommendations? Ideally not £60, unless spending that much is better. Would like 90cm to 120cm length and ending in 3.5mm.

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero:RED
Got these for £40 (after using voucher) and wow what a bargain. I have a love/hate relationship with IEMs with comfort often being my issue. My last ones; Tin T2s from a few years ago hurt my ears. These feel better so far. Sound profile is lovely (even without the 10 ohms adaptor they come with to boost bass). Think these will be fantastic for gaming. Get loads of stuff in the package, where the packaging itself is something else.

So off to start packing up some old 'phones now. I think my 560S and TYGRs are going to be replaced by the 650s for music and then I'll keep the PC 38Xs (and h6pros) for gaming.

ovGQoLUl.jpg

What amp are you using for the 650's?

Last edited:
I currently own a Fiio K5 Pro, Fiio K11 and Qudelix 5K. Have tried it on the last two so far.

I don't have a tube amp unfortunately, incase that's where you're going. I have read they are better on those or it changed the sound nicely.

No, just seeing if you have an amp, as they require one as a minimum, the only recommendation I would say to use the balanced output from the K11 as it's nearly 5 x the power compared to the single-ended output and higher voltage which will help the 650 open up more particularly on the bass department.

Associate
No, just seeing if you have an amp, as they require one as a minimum, the only recommendation I would say to use the balanced output from the K11 as it's nearly 5 x the power compared to the single-ended output and higher voltage which will help the 650 open up more particularly on the bass department.
Ah OK. Tbh I had it on low gain and didn't feel like it needed that much more volume than the 560S. I also tried it on medium gain on the K11.

I definitely need to do something about the cable tho, so will bare your suggestion in mind.

Ah OK. Tbh I had it on low gain and didn't feel like it needed that much more volume than the 560S. I also tried it on medium gain on the K11.

I definitely need to do something about the cable tho, so will bare your suggestion in mind.

I understand, we tend to feel if the volume gets loud enough then it's being powered optimally but that isn't always the case, you have possible chance of clipping, and although it's getting loud it won't have as good driver control, particularly at higher volumes were it might sound leaner, more congested, the more volts you put in the 650 it tends to sound fuller and has better bass control, this isn't the case with all headphones, but the 600/650 scale very well with more power/voltage, anyway enjoy them, I still class the 600/650's as one of the best headphones in the world at any price point.

Associate
I understand, we tend to feel if the volume gets loud enough then it's being powered optimally but that isn't always the case, you have possible chance of clipping, and although it's getting loud it won't have as good driver control, particularly at higher volumes were it might sound leaner, more congested, the more volts you put in the 650 it tends to sound fuller and has better bass control, this isn't the case with all headphones, but the 600/650 scale very well with more power/voltage, anyway enjoy them, I still class the 600/650's as one of the best headphones in the world at any price point.
No thank you and understood. I was going to get a cable with a 3.5mm end for convenience.

Possible stupid question time but I've never run balanced cables before. Can one cable do it all; so 3.5mm, 4.4 balanced and 2.5 balanced for the Qudelix. Or does it have to be separate cables for balanced and unbalanced?

No thank you and understood. I was going to get a cable with a 3.5mm end for convenience.

Possible stupid question time but I've never run balanced cables before. Can one cable do it all; so 3.5mm, 4.4 balanced and 2.5 balanced for the Qudelix. Or does it have to be separate cables for balanced and unbalanced?

I have a Qudelix also, amazing device for the price, I use 4.4 balanced cable for the 650, and then if I'm using the Qudelix I use something similar to this,

With one of these (4.4mm to 2.5mm) so you have option to use the balanced out of the Qudelix @ 4v and higher power output.

Or, you could try something like this,

Although I'm not personally endorsing those specific cables.

Associate
I have a Qudelix also, amazing device for the price, I use 4.4 balanced cable for the 650, and then if I'm using the Qudelix I use something similar to this,

Thank you! That's really helpful.

That second cable is exactly what I asked for. I did find a thread on Head-Fi forums about Sky Audio Cables and I was rather liking their cables. I guess if I go that route I'd just need the two adaptors for 4.4 to 2.5 & 3.5. But ending it in 4.4 would make sense.

Huge fan of the Qudelix 5K. I initially bought it with the 'override host volume' feature for PS5 but have been using it more as a portable DAC/AMP with my phone. The app and the amount of things you can do with it, plus the ability to drive most headphones with you phone is fantastic. A Swiss army knife.

Last edited:
Thank you! That's really helpful.

That second cable is exactly what I asked for. I did find a thread on Head-Fi forums about Sky Audio Cables and I was rather liking their cables. I guess if I go that route I'd just need the two adaptors for 4.4 to 2.5 & 3.5. But ending it in 4.4 would make sense.

Huge fan of the Qudelix 5K. I initially bought it with the 'override host volume' feature for PS5 but have been using it more as a portable DAC/AMP with my phone. The app and the amount of things you can do with it, plus the ability to drive most headphones with you phone is fantastic. A Swiss army knife.

I agree, think a better quality cable with 4.4mm like the Sky Audio cable would be a better route, and then just use adapters when needed, Sky Audio actually do a 4.4 to 3.5 adapter for only £15

Associate
Added a few to my collection, becoming a bit expensive :) currently have

AKG K702
Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250 with a Modmic
Razer Nari Ultimate Xbox edition
Hyper X Cloud Alpha
Audeze Maxwell Xbox edition

Associate
I recently picked up some Tanzu Wu Zetian Heyday planar IEMs for my Switch. Sound stage and detail are amazing for on the go gaming. They're also great for music through my phone - much cleaner and more faithful than my Galaxy Buds 2 Pro.

Only caveat is they're a bit fussy about the dac - they sound a bit meh with JDS Element 3, but they're great with my Shanling UA3.

Caporegime
About to order another two pairs of KSC75s. Great little inexpensive phones but the damn things develop issues when either the cable or the solder connecting the cable wears out (after a year or two). I'd love to repair them, but my house prefers not to be on fire.

In light of the fact that I tend to drop them (knock them off the table as I'm getting up), and that the cable is pretty damned short to start with, I'm thinking of investing in some decent wireless phones.

I've never tried wireless phones before, and I'm sure they're a lot better these days than back in the day when most people said they were just a bit crap, sound wise.

If you know how much the KSC75s cost you know I'm not looking to break the bank, but I might need to spend a little :p Would prefer over-ear rather than in-ear, and I'm not sure how popular a configuration that is in the wireless world (everything seems to be in ear!)

Suggestions most welcome!

Back
Top Bottom