What is it with Manchester people?

Associate
Behave.

They're rubbish. They ALWAYS taste stale and are just not on.

You've obviously swallowed too much of something in the past which has ruined your taste buds. Far be it from me to suggest exactly what you have been swallowing. :D

Associate
I remember going to an open-day at the University of Bradford with my folks back in '97/98 and my mum going in a bakery and asking for a couple of rolls. The woman behind the counter replied "what, those buns? (pointing)" and my mum quick as a flash replied "Where I come from, 'buns' have currants in them" :D

Soldato
OP
When I want a bread roll, I'm having soup. Rolls are smaller than bread buns, and are more of a rolled shape.
When I'm wanting a sarnie, it's either a bread bun or slices of bread.
A butty is a bread bun with chips or anything in it. Sometimes I might have a butty with soup.
A tea cake is toasted, has lashings of butter on it and is sweet with raisins.
A muffin is usually a bun but larger with things like chocolate in or fruit, or those bread things made by Kingsmill that are firm, unlike a bread bun.
Doughnuts have holes in them.

Associate
When I want a bread roll, I'm having soup. Rolls are smaller than bread buns, and are more of a rolled shape.
A butty is a bread bun with chips or anything in it. Sometimes I might have a butty with soup.
A muffin is usually a bun but larger with things like chocolate in or fruit, or those bread things made by Kingsmill that are firm, unlike a bread bun.

What do you call a jam doughnut?

Soldato
"Batch" in the Midlands afaik unless it's bacon filled then it's a butty (dunno why).

Butty is only used when its filled, but saying a bacon batch is completely fine still.
The batch term is only really used in and around the Coventry area though, doesn't extend to the whole midlands.

Not to be confused with batch bread, which is Irish.

Soldato

This man speaks the truth,

Bun is the term anyone i know uses, cob just sounds weird!

Back
Top Bottom