What is it with Manchester people?

Soldato
Man of Honour
No, bread rolls (ie the little things you get with soup) are marketed as bread rolls, as they should be.

Teacakes are teacakes, currant teacakes are currant teacakes, oven bottom muffins are oven bottom muffins and barms don't exist.

Soldato
So the northerners are obfuscating the names of these items for the sake of it. That sounds like a bright thing to do...not.

Associate
So the northerners are obfuscating the names of these items for the sake of it. That sounds like a bright thing to do...not.

Hey you! I object to that!

Its a well known regional thing up here - and as far south as the West Midlands - and its a traditional thing that we have were we can generally take the mick out of those people who call a barm/muffin/roll/bap/cob "How odd are they" wink wink etc

Its called having regional pride and character - unlike London where if its not a recognised why of doing/saying/naming something then its wrong and stupid :mad:

*gently

Last edited:
Associate
Oops!! In my rage I went a bit type happy

*gently

Edit: thanks to the passing mod who edited my typo!

Still Object to what you came out with Mr FutileBreadMachine! Looking at your user name though I am wondering why your bothered

Last edited:
Permabanned
I'd say bread roll and I guarantee no one in Manchester would look at me funny if I asked for a bread roll, if they happened to have one of course. Otherwise they would look at me funny.

They might say barm cakes but its not like saying BREAD ROLL is going to make them mentally implode, it only takes a split second to register what is meant by bread roll. Or bread bun @ op.

You must have flabbergasted them with your dress sense.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom