What Linux Operating Systems do you like?

Soldato
Thanks I'll take a look at that. The reason I reached for it was I've been trying out iperf3.16 as it's been updated to use multithread cpu now. I got pretty frustrated trying to plant an OS that was easy to push across multiple systems... wsl old bare metal and new ish stuff, tried Arch Debian which just didn't translate as well. It runs better than I expected though.
Here you go mate.

Either download the binary linked in the README and put it in /usr/local/bin or wherever, or download the source, then:

Code:
./configure
make
sudo make install

Latest version of multi-threaded iperf3, stable base system. Done! :cool:

Last edited:
Associate
I tried from IPv6 enabled hosts and from IPv4-only hosts and it always defaulted to IPv4 for me. Just one of those things I guess, but as you said throwing in the -4 switch is no biggie if needs must!
I don't recall Fedora doing that, 3.16 was installed from the package-manager though, Rocky was built from source, I guess if you let it fly.. etc :D
It just gives this message... warning: this system does not seem to support IPv6 - trying IPv4.

Code:
nmcli device wifi list
nmcli device wifi connect BSSID

Last edited:
Soldato
Forgot to post this but Plasma 6 is up. It looks lovely =)

KDE MegaRelease 6 - KDE Community
Indeed. I span up a Neon live USB and it's very nice indeed, some nice little touches. I'm not sure on the floating task bar (which turns into a docked one after use) but it's certainly got an extra level of polish and some nice little touches.

I still haven’t recovered from running KDE 4 on release :p
Repressed memories unlocked. :( :cry:

Associate
Fedora wants to port the new rust based Cosmic desktop and they have confirmed that they will go wayland only.
Excited to see whether Cosmic was worth the wait. Also feels necessary for some distros to push Wayland and keep that momentum going.

Associate
My main concern is whether they continue to support it long term… *coughs* Canonical *coughs*
Feels like the whole distro is really dated at this point, but I know they were focusing on this and a couple other things. I found them to be a good balance between Ubuntu and Fedora so we'll have to see.

They are incentivised to do this well as they ship it with their hardware, so I'm quietly optimistic.

Back
Top Bottom