What "man jobs" have you done today?

Soldato
I am hoping the price of water will come down with a meter -If I can reduce water price to £400 I will be happy and I do realise we will have to use water without wasting it like we do now - but £600 is taking the pee.

Sorry if my original thread wasn't clear. Age related on my part :)

Soldato
Removed old sink + surround and completely redone all the waste and feed, which was an absolute Barnstable.

Nx5QqNp.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
After inheriting a dog last week and bringing him home "we" needed to get a gate to stop him escaping from the back garden down the steps

1000060667-01.jpg

Had it pretty clear in my head but sketched it out

1000060653-01.jpg

Cut the main pieces and set them out

1000060670-01.jpg

The dwarf walls were only 450mm high so rawl bolted some posts to each side taking it higher up

1000060674-01.jpg

Got the basic shape (isn't "square") and got the bracing in

1000060680-01.jpg

Then easy to screw the pre cut pieces in and.added a top and bottom rail

1000060681-01.jpg

All good, hinges and eye/catch thing attached and one dog gate in place

1000060682-01.jpg

Soldato
After inheriting a dog last week and bringing him home "we" needed to get a gate to stop him escaping from the back garden down the steps

I was going to say 'nice work' but you forgot to post an obligatory photo of the pooch.

Did you have any say in the inheriting of the new family member?

Is it nailed together or screwed? The gate, not the family.

Last edited:
Soldato
I was going to say 'nice work' but you forgot to post an obligatory photo of the pooch.

Did you have any say in the inheriting of the new family member?

Is it nailed together or screwed? The gate, not the family.

Pooch is Barney the Cockapoo

1000060414-01.jpg

We inherited.him when my father in law passed away last week, but we had promised to take him when he bought him (we knew he would.outlive my FIL)

Screwed :D

Soldato
Just managed to run out of jointing tape stuff for tanking kit. Any of the big sheds selling it? I can only see 36 quid maipei stuff....

Edit:

Tough day but managed to sus out my attic connection --- the plumber put a 2x22m+15mm T piece which feeds the temporary shower. I can swap this T out for a 3x22mm T piece perfectly. So I hooked up the water to ensure the shower adaptor was solid - and it was.

So onto Wickes to grab some No More Ply (what a load of crap this stuff is, never, ever again) to replace my mistake on putting the boards on backwards, and some tile adhesive.

kt7ClLB.jpg

I ran out of tape for the last few bits so had to spank 38 quid on the Maipei stuff from Screwfix; but TBH it was significantly better.

I've got 2 patch jobs on the tileboard left, but I am onto tiling.

I'm going to start with the shower wall I think, so I can then cut the marble into it (versus lots of tricky smaller cuts).

What are peoples thoughts on the 60x30 marble tiles on that wall with the niche? I think if they rest on the bath it is literally "just right" but zero tolerance.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom