What "man jobs" have you done today?

Soldato
Also, built this beast of a technical to get the nuts down. Each rod was taking ~5mins to wind the nut, add a plate, wind the nut, tighten. A heat gun on some FloPlast was the starting point and then I thought I'd give up as I couldn't figure out how to hold it central. Then realised.........WHITE PIPE RETURNS

5H3rwUb.jpg

Edit: there is nothing FloPlast can't solve tbh

Last edited:
Associate
Also, built this beast of a technical to get the nuts down. Each rod was taking ~5mins to wind the nut, add a plate, wind the nut, tighten. A heat gun on some FloPlast was the starting point and then I thought I'd give up as I couldn't figure out how to hold it central. Then realised.........WHITE PIPE RETURNS

5H3rwUb.jpg

Or white pipe

Soldato

this post is full of win :D

Soldato
My next job is some internal doors. I paid £15 each for embossed MDF 6 panel doors years ago and now they're more like £60 each...

Edit: Actually they're £40 at B&Q, so might get them from there.

Last edited:
Soldato

5H3rwUb.jpg

I knew it - You are now getting like us old blokes -Is this your first Heath Robinson bodge up - Nice one you are a quick learner.

Another tip - Make enough money to get someone in to do your job when you hit your 70's

I have a french drain between slabbed rear and lawn - In my stupidity I decided to clean them all out - That is the mud and gravel.
What looked like a 5min job is a nightmare -I am cream crackered and only done half of it.

Last edited:
Caporegime
[/QUOTE]
Lovely floor, LVT ?

Just a cheaper laminate as it's 'low traffic'.

Na I'm no harm. It's @Janesy B whose disruptive. Once again he's posted a start and end in a single post - and it looks like the job is finished. I don't think I've finished a

Not quite! I had been posting the odd update from the start in here. https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...ou-done-today.18433753/page-140#post-37006769

Last edited:
Caporegime
Not looking forward to multi-tooling the coving off but we're making progress. Electrician should be in soon to move the light to the middle of the room and add some sockets and then I can get it plastered.

Man of Honour
Wasn’t quite expecting the swarm of wasps that appeared as I was dealing with the tiny nest in the shed. Couldn’t find high strength insect killer, the bug spray last night did nothing, will go back later with higher strength and a broom and if not I’ll get the strongest stuff from work tomorrow. The nest is too small for anything but one Queen, so I can only assume they came from elsewhere. I moved away from the door within seconds of them appearing thankfully, having heard some faint buzzing.

Last edited:
Soldato
Not quite! I had been posting the odd update from the start in here. https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...ou-done-today.18433753/page-140#post-37006769
That makes me feel slightly better :p :D

-------

Slow day today. I barely slept - my carpal tunnel is kicking my ass. I need the operation on both hands but just don't fancy it enough :cry:

Lost a chunk of the day "hiding" some of my rubble before covering it with the weed membrane. Then lost an equal part of the day levelling off the nut/rod system. It is very satisfying to be fair.

Also had to put a billion twist nails in the splice plates to make some 6m lengths...
V0PUyMW.jpg

(I don't think you need all nails but I was waiting for help to arrive as it isn't a one man lift :cry:)

Got 3 in as the fourth requires the offcut of the 3.5m splicing into the 4.8m and I ran out of brain cells so called it at this point...
GFytOxm.jpg

My perfect engineering luck saw the rod system fall perfectly though. I don't even need to cut this, as it leaves just enough for a nut.
iysE0hB.jpg

Tomorrow is going to be tough as my wife is at work and despite her being super pregnant she was critical to the lifting of the 6m+ lengths. I am hoping I can YOLO the last one and the sides are easy (3.5m each).

I can then chill out and spend the day doing joist hangers...

Associate

-------

Slow day today. I barely slept - my carpal tunnel is kicking my ass. I need the operation on both hands but just don't fancy it enough :cry:

Lost a chunk of the day "hiding" some of my rubble before covering it with the weed membrane. Then lost an equal part of the day levelling off the nut/rod system. It is very satisfying to be fair.

Also had to put a billion twist nails in the splice plates to make some 6m lengths...
V0PUyMW.jpg

(I don't think you need all nails but I was waiting for help to arrive as it isn't a one man lift :cry:)

Got 3 in as the fourth requires the offcut of the 3.5m splicing into the 4.8m and I ran out of brain cells so called it at this point...
GFytOxm.jpg

My perfect engineering luck saw the rod system fall perfectly though. I don't even need to cut this, as it leaves just enough for a nut.
iysE0hB.jpg

Tomorrow is going to be tough as my wife is at work and despite her being super pregnant she was critical to the lifting of the 6m+ lengths. I am hoping I can YOLO the last one and the sides are easy (3.5m each).

Can you stop putting most of us to shame please. If my wife sees this I will have her nagging me constantly rather than occasionally.

Soldato
We had a deck once, I'd not bother again for all the same reasons everyone else says not to bother.

Not to take anything away from @dlockerers, that is a good effort.

Soldato

-------

V0PUyMW.jpg

GFytOxm.jpg

iysE0hB.jpg

Did you buy one of oakwoods build packs or are you flying blind?

Back
Top Bottom