What monthly dosh will I get from £500000 pension pot?

Soldato
not according to what I've been told.

if its agreed its agreed. there is no provision for notice to change the pension.

i am not saying they couldn't do it elsewhere, but that would be breaking the agreement.

thats from pcs lawyers, talking particularly about hmrc (in rev/ C&E).

believe what you will, because in my years its apparent people will.

:)

who were you with out of interest?

because i'd be mightly miffed at that. I know long term funding is a problem, but public sector pensions are a monster the government created. i think this is often forgotten. (not perhaps by you)

A company can close its pension scheme to new members at any time. They can also stop its final salary scheme and transfer its staff to other payment or defined benefit schemes, but the amount of accrued money under the old scheme must be transfered

Caporegime
Anecdotal but in the last couple of years i've known three men to die at 65/66.

Bit tragic not even to get a few years to do what you want..

Very true. You work all your life and look forward to retirement and never quite make it.

I still think it's amazing that at 20 you have a one in 1000 chance of dying this year. Does that not freak anybody else out?

To put it into perspective, the odds of winning a tenner on the Lotto is 1 in 1133.119 so you are far more likely to die than win a tenner! :eek:

Worst at 65 when it becomes one in 30.:(

Thinking back, now that I am 41, I know lots of people under 65 who have died already either friends or work acquaintances. In fact only just before Christmas a guy who works for one of our suppliers died from a heart attack at 42.

I've lost a few friends in their 20's to motorcycle accidents as well.

Associate
Really? I can't be bothered to rise to this.

Needless to say if whatever fantay world this happens I'll be at the front of the queue lynching whichever prime minister rubber stamped it.

^^ Suderooney, you beat me to it! I edited my reply many times until i cooled down. On an aside how have you foudn the 452's on your z3? I'm having them fitted to my a series this week.

Sorry, missed this before. The Z4 has been transformed since getting them. It handles far, far better. Whacked a compressor and a can of tyre weld in the boot. Jobs a good un. How are you finding them?

Back
Top Bottom