What TV shows are you currently watching

Soldato
Couple of eps of 'The Gentlemen' to go. Not massively impressed tbh. I don't really buy the whole 'I want out, but all of a sudden I'm a criminal mastermind to achieve this.' It's also a little 'adventure of the week' type thing to.

Soldato
Couple of eps of 'The Gentlemen' to go. Not massively impressed tbh. I don't really buy the whole 'I want out, but all of a sudden I'm a criminal mastermind to achieve this.' It's also a little 'adventure of the week' type thing to.

Yeah, the adventure of the week became prominent a couple of episodes in, but by the last few episodes i was hooked again. I need X, well you need to do A, B & C to get A - was like the worst side quests ever.

Soldato
Is anyone still watching Billions?

We've watched it since the start and I genuinely don't know why we bother!

I've never watched a show that has made me feel so stupid in my entire life!

The dialogue seems to be structured in such a way that if you don't know roughly 97% of American history/pop culture inside out, then you are left guessing about the intent!

Oh and Chuck's dad is fundamentally the worst character in any show, ever.

I watched the first season of that, maybe the second but I’m not too sure. It was good to start with. Then it just fell of a cliff, it just wasn’t interesting, gripping it was just nonsense. So I stopped watching it. One of those where because it was so successful they just had to keep it going with nonsense to make money even though it was a load of junk afterwards which on reflections just makes you think of the show as junk. 1 or 2 seasons of it would have been perfect. Very similar to Heroes and Prison Break for me. The latter would have been elite if they just finished it once they got out.

Re:the sopranos -

I think I’ve rewatched that 3 times now. Each time I pick different stuff up. It’s just excellent all round. The film prequel that came out a couple of years back was one of the most disappointing films I’ve ever seen. Mainly due to how much I like the sopranos I was expecting/hoping it would be on a similar vibe, so maybe that’s on me for hyping it up myself.

I’m onto season 4 of Queen of the South but for some reason Netflix won’t let me download it to my iPad? Just doesn’t give me the option so am having to leave and sit in the car to watch it at lunch time which has its pros and cons so not getting through it as quick as I’d like. Need something to move onto after this is done.

Last edited:
Soldato
Constellation - first 3 episodes, what the hell am I watching??? Is it space drama, mystery/thriller or horror, I just don't know. Sadly some of the acting is full on wooden. How can they go from For All Mankind to this in terms of acting quality.
I think I'm enjoying this, mainly because I didn't understand it at all to start with and no I think I am beginning to. Definitely one I want to see through to the end to see how it goes.

Soldato
Not sure if this comes into film or series but watched 20 Days in Mariupol on channel 4, hard watch but worthwhile. Shame its still going on over there.​

Man of Honour

It is supposed to be established in the opening sequence - though they rushed through it and did it cheaply - leaving a lot of it vague. His career in the military involved dealing decisively with complex, potentially involving illegal activity, situations.

Or less serious answer - he was working for the UN he had plenty of practise :p

Soldato
Finally finished Queen of the South. Throughly enjoyed it and even though it was far fetched, it was too far fetched that it turned me off.

Think they called it a day at the right time as well, which massively helps the over series.

Onto the next one but i’m not sure what to go for next. I’ve got yellow stone, rewatch of BoB/The Pacific before watching Masters of Air or the latest season of Drive to Survive. I did have ‘The Gentlemen’ on the list but going by this thread, it maybe going off the list.

Associate
Watching monk on Netflix.

Watched the odd episode in the past but am completely hooked now, fantastic show with some great actors and stories.

Soldato
Tried the new halo series.

Garbage.
:D Came here to say I started season 1 a few days ago while I ride my indoor bike. I quite like it so far but it's far from brilliant. First episode was great but there's been no shooting since. I played the first game but not really any more of them since so not sure of the story or if the show follows it.

The super grumpy super tough guy going a bit rogue and taking care of a child who is sort of the last of its kind is a mega original story arc we've not seen before though.

Back
Top Bottom