What Virtual Reality games are you playing?

Associate
What about 4k Blu-ray, or is that not really worth it?

Edit: just spotted Rise of Skywalker in 3D. That'll do!

Last edited:
Associate
Well that was a bust. Powered up the PC and Quest 3 and went to pop the disc in ready to copy and oh oh..... what did I forget! lol

In the meantime I got Skybox and got a sample SBS format 3D footage to have a little test and quickly regret not getting the higher storage capacity Q3. Also tried the AirScreen and it was effortless and obviously circumvents the Q3 storage constraints.

Looking at 4XVR, I don't have a media server and what with the limited space on my Q3 does it have something similar to AirScreen? Or would an external USB HDD work?

Soldato
Bought Flight Simulator in the Steam Sale, especially as it had the Dune Ornithopter update.

As a massive Dune fan and someone who absolutley loves the Ornithopers in the new films, this is incredible. I had a big grin on my face while flying around. Probably the coolest thing I've experienced in VR in a while.

I just wish they had a free-flight mode, as it's limited to challenges.

Soldato
I've been out of VR for about a 18 months but I am looking to get back into it with my Quest 2 and PCVR. I think there are two quite big games these days, AC Horizon and an RPG game? What are the recommendations for what I've missed?

Soldato
I've been out of VR for about a 18 months but I am looking to get back into it with my Quest 2 and PCVR. I think there are two quite big games these days, AC Horizon and an RPG game? What are the recommendations for what I've missed?

The gold standard for PCVR still seems to be Half Life: Alyx. The Walking Dead Saints and Sinners is also very good (I haven't played the sequel to it yet).

I think recent big releases have been more stand alone VR than PCVR. Dungeons of Eternity springs to mind and also Asgard's Wrath 2. Personally I've been having fun working my way through Resident Evil 4 VR whenever I get some spare time.

Soldato

Walkabout Minigolf is THE fun social multiuplayer game we're all playing.

As for more recent PCVR stuff, well the best stuff for the most part is mods, like the HL1 VR mods, and the REFramework mods for the Resident Evil PC games.

Dedicated PC VR games that are actually worth a look are Hubris, which is a sci-fi shooter with some great graphics (though the gameplay is ok, but not amazing), and Wanderer which is a graphically stunning time travel adventure game, though I'd hold off on that as a new version is going to be released soon.

Soldato
Asgaurds wrath was al the hyper recently maybe thats what @almoststew1990 was thinking ok. Could also be Dungeons of Eternity

But like Rav's said Walkabout Mini Gold is generally were its at for social.
theres a few others as well we're looking at but depends on number of people ect.

realy depends whats your interests are. i quiet enjoyed so far the "I expect you to Die" Series of games / Crisis Brigade 2 reloaded / Under Cover.

ar you looking to PC game or quest gme or both

Soldato
That's good, we had Walkabout on release and I'm sure we had to buy the extra packs to play even on-line...good for them to change it, it is a great social game and the physic's etc are amazing (for anyone who's not got it, it's a must buy!)

Last edited:
Soldato
i have been out of vr other than watching movies/tv for some time however last night i finally went back in for games and started HL2 VR (I wanted to play HLA but it wasnt installed and only had an hr).

its looking dated but i still love that game!. hopefully now i have started i will keep it up

Back
Top Bottom