What Virtual Reality games are you playing?

Soldato
I've started using my VR headset for exercise again using Les Mills Bodycombat on Quest 3.

I didn't want to use my Quest Pro as it's too easily sweat damaged, but a Q3 with a halo headstrap (Globular Cluster in this case) and no facial interface is amazing. There's nothing on your face so it's way less sweaty. The headset can shift sometimes when squatting with nothing on your face to keep it in place, but then I found even my Q2 used to shift around playing that game, and the small lens sweet spot made that frustrating as it got blurry. No issues with the Q3 on that.

I really recommend this game if you want a decent VR workout that isn't subscription based. One of the best things about it are the trainers who appear in both video and audio to give tips and encourage you. It's like having your own personal trainer.

Oh and I really recommend wearing a tube scarf or thin beanie on your head to keep sweat off the headset while exercising.

Last edited:
Associate
Finally started on Res Evil 4. I'm not sure that this is good for the ol' ticker, but it's a enjoyable experience so far.

When you open a door to find a group of 4 villagers who turn around and give you the 'invasion of the body snatchers' point and stare is genuinely terrifying. :eek:

Soldato
Finally started on Res Evil 4. I'm not sure that this is good for the ol' ticker, but it's a enjoyable experience so far.

When you open a door to find a group of 4 villagers who turn around and give you the 'invasion of the body snatchers' point and stare is genuinely terrifying. :eek:

Lol, I've been putting off starting RE4 for a while. Mostly because of other games I'm playing, but also because I'm a bit chicken. I remember in RE1 on the playstation when the dog smashed through the window. Gave me the scare of my life and that wasn't even VR. :D

Associate
Lol, I've been putting off starting RE4 for a while. Mostly because of other games I'm playing, but also because I'm a bit chicken. I remember in RE1 on the playstation when the dog smashed through the window. Gave me the scare of my life and that wasn't even VR. :D

Needing to desperately reload your weapon is so much more traumatic in VR.

Ensure your bowels are emptied before playing. :D

Associate
Needing to desperately reload your weapon is so much more traumatic in VR.

Ensure your bowels are emptied before playing. :D

lol that's the first thing I say to people when explaining the difference between pressing "R" in your typical shooter compared to the whole reloading and re-aiming process in VR. It really is night and day but epic fun!

Associate
lol that's the first thing I say to people when explaining the difference between pressing "R" in your typical shooter compared to the whole reloading and re-aiming process in VR. It really is night and day but epic fun!

Nothing prepares you for the panic you feel :cry:

Associate
I need to get back to RE4 on PSVR2. I've just recently picked up the Quest 3 so been enjoying exploring different games on there. At the moment I'm playing through Half-Life 2 VR Mod - looks great in VR!

Associate
Speaking of zombie type games, I've still not gone back to the Walking Dead 2 for ages now, there's a night mission which is too dark to enjoy; the zombies seem to have night vision. I've been distracted with Asgard's Wrath 2 and Warplanes: Battles over Pacific as well.

Last edited:
Soldato
Speaking of zombie type games, I've still not gone back to the Walking Dead 2 for ages now, there's a night mission which is too dark to enjoy; the zombies seem to have night vision. I've been distracted with Asgard's Wrath 2 and Warplanes: Battles over Pacific as well.

I own both games on Steam but have not started WDS&S 2 yet. I thought the first game was great, with my only serious complaint being that on the Q2 a number of the sections/missions were so dark that the screen was just reduced to flat grey, which looked rubbish and made the gameplay tedious rather than fun.

Associate
I can't put down Asgard's Wrath 2. I'm thankful that the Q3 battery only last a couple of hrs at a time as it gives my legs a break from all that standing, nevermind flaying my hands into the walls at times.

Associate
I can't put down Asgard's Wrath 2. I'm thankful that the Q3 battery only last a couple of hrs at a time as it gives my legs a break from all that standing, nevermind flaying my hands into the walls at times.

haha yeah I was the same but after hitting my super widescreen monitor screen and subsequent near soilage at the potential cost (it was thankfully not damaged) I only play it in the living now where I can move the coffee table aside to create a large space. I'm in the process of creating a dedicated VR space in my office but so little time at the moment.

Soldato
I briefly played Asgard's Wrath 2 on launch day but don't think I've touched it since. I don't blame the game for that though as I've just got so many games and I keep getting distracted playing other things. I'm sure I'll go back and play it some more at some point :).

Associate
I never thought I’d love AW2 so much but it’s great fun. Addictive role play elements and combat is really good.
A bit of Skyrim, God of War, and maybe even a bit of dark souls. Puzzles are interesting. Almost been worth getting the Quest 2 to Quest 3 upgrade for.
Proper Quest 3 graphics still incoming I think ??

Soldato
Would love to be able to play VR, even bought a DK2 back in the day. Unfortunately the motion sickness destroyed me.

The newer headsets have a higher refresh rate the the old DK setups. PCs are more powerful and so will provide a smoother less vom inducing experience.
Worth trying one out if you know anyone with one.

Soldato
Thaat's great to know, which one is the recommended one these days? I'm totally out of the loop.
i dont suppose you know any one local you can try before you buy?
i think Croydon has try before yo buy store.
although redit suggested Westfield john lewis

4m ago :
"I'm at Oxford St John Lewis right now. They have two devices on display - one is a display only non-working device but has the straps and material you can feel, the other is the HMD only without a strap etc, but you can actually lift that up and try it out holding it to your face. It has a demo which shows off the device (which actually froze at one point when I tried it) - it's non-interactive although you can look around. You can't try any games or anything outside of this demo"

Soldato
i dont suppose you know any one local you can try before you buy?
i think Croydon has try before yo buy store.
although redit suggested Westfield john lewis

4m ago :
"I'm at Oxford St John Lewis right now. They have two devices on display - one is a display only non-working device but has the straps and material you can feel, the other is the HMD only without a strap etc, but you can actually lift that up and try it out holding it to your face. It has a demo which shows off the device (which actually froze at one point when I tried it) - it's non-interactive although you can look around. You can't try any games or anything outside of this demo"
Oh that's great buddy thanks for the info. I'm not too far from Westfield, will have to plan a trip over there, cheers man.

Back
Top Bottom