Winter 2023/24 - It's FREEZING!

Soldato
Snow expected in Manc land tomorrow.

Yesterday was most peculiar with the day starting mild and definitely fleece weather and then come 3pm was absolutely freezing and most definitely coat and thermal weather

Soldato
T-shirt and wellies job to get here today, got some.company as well........

Screenshot-2024-02-07-13-42-31-31-99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg

Soldato
Rain rain rain rain rain. Rain rain rain. What is it with some people that rain and mist makes them want to wrap their vehicles around lamp posts? Have they never heard of driving to the conditions? Massive queues and roads closed due to RTA's everywhere a 10 minute trip took nearly an hour having to make huge diversion via A road and even that any further progress east was blocked off by coppers due to yet another RTA. Finally got to town... more queues 'cos everyones diverted so took another diversion through some industrial estates and got caught by the level crossing this time. At least the town centre was deserted everyones stuck either trying to get into town or go around it

Last edited:
Man of Honour
What is it with some people that some rain and mist makes them wrap their vehicles around lamp posts?

Is it the weather? especially since COVID accidents seem to be ever increasing :( I'm involved in managing the van driving side at work and far too often of late it is a stream of road closure alerts due to incidents :(

Soldato
Is it the weather? especially since COVID accidents seem to be ever increasing :( I'm involved in managing the van driving side at work and far too often of late it is a stream of road closure alerts due to incidents :(

More likely people who seem to use their phones constantly while driving aren't quite calibrated to reduced visibility.

Soldato
I suspect “cost of living” has started making more people put the absolute cheapest tyres on their cars. People are just absolutely crawling along now in wet conditions.

To be honest I've never changed my tyres for winter tyres. Just make sure they have a decent amount of tread left all year round!

Don
To be honest I've never changed my tyres for winter tyres. Just make sure they have a decent amount of tread left all year round!
Yeah, I’m talking about the cheapest “summer” tyres being all year round though and probably down to the legal limit (and less).

A lot of people also seem to be blind at night as well these days, probably due to the latest head light designs.

All combined I now regularly see artics overtaking cars on the dualie because of them doing 40-50mph. Quite normal to be sat behind somebody doing 60 for 10 miles into Aberdeen even though it’s not particularly busy at 0645. Does my ***s in.

Caporegime
Yeah, I’m talking about the cheapest “summer” tyres being all year round though and probably down to the legal limit (and less).

A lot of people also seem to be blind at night as well these days, probably due to the latest head light designs.

All combined I now regularly see artics overtaking cars on the dualie because of them doing 40-50mph. Quite normal to be sat behind somebody doing 60 for 10 miles into Aberdeen even though it’s not particularly busy at 0645. Does my ***s in.
Perhaps they really don’t want to go to Aberdeen, so are getting there as slowly as possible

Back
Top Bottom