Winter 2023/24 - It's FREEZING!

Soldato
Took the folks to Wakefield, nice day, very spring like

IMG20240218135552.jpg

Soldato
Took the folks to Wakefield, nice day, very spring like

IMG20240218135552.jpg
Ah Sandal Castle. Many an evening spent there in my youth. BBQ's and rolling down the motte.

A particular memory is you can see Putney's Country Park (the water) in the background and there were midges everywhere. Cue to me with a disposal BBQ on my workcoat in the passenger seat of a Citreon Saxo to move the BBQ up to the castle, smoke billowing out of the windows. Silly little sausages we were.

Last edited:
Soldato
Ah Sandal Castle. Many an evening spent there in my youth. BBQ's and rolling down the motte.

A particular memory is you can see Putney's Country Park (the water) in the background and there were midges everywhere. Cue to me with a disposal BBQ on my workcoat in the passenger seat of a Citreon Saxo to move the BBQ up to the castle, smoke billowing out of the windows. Silly little sausages we were.

Pugneys is so wasted with no water sports for many years, I self learnt wind surfing there, it was £7 for 1.5 hrs board hire Inc wet suit , buoyancy aid iirc
Also went down to the sculpture park,. about £8 entry used to be free.

Soldato
Pugneys is so wasted with no water sports for many years, I self learnt wind surfing there, it was £7 for 1.5 hrs board hire Inc wet suit , buoyancy aid iirc
Also went down to the sculpture park,. about £8 entry used to be free.
My first memory there was going with school. Teacher was knocked out by a windsurf. Had about 3 month of work.

I ended up working at the Swan and Cygnet on the roundabout on my gap year.

Last edited:
Soldato
Froze over night, but the blue sky this morning is very welcome. I don't think I suffer from SAD but the constant rain and grey skies were definitely starting to get me down a bit.

Back
Top Bottom