Winter Transfer Window 23/24

Soldato
He looks like a Weatherspoons chaver. Can see him in a pair of sports direct sweat pants and one of them daft bags round his neck that all the youngins are wearing these days that we used to call womens purses. Probably spat in the bus drivers face on the way to the ground and ran off without paying.

Soldato
How the hell has DDG not got a club yet? At 33 for a GK, surely he could be useful to some team. Like maybe Man Utd, who have a keeper who's hands are allergic to the ball.

Caporegime
I believe no clubs wanted Lingard, and hasn't he also changed his agent because he was having no luck? I wonder if clubs were interested but he has high wage expectations.

I feel like both Lingard and DDG are in the same pot, asking too much money. They are good players, so if they were say, offering their services for £1 a week. They would have every club knocking on their door. The higher that number, the fewer clubs come knocking.

Last edited:

fez

fez

Caporegime
How the hell has DDG not got a club yet? At 33 for a GK, surely he could be useful to some team. Like maybe Man Utd, who have a keeper who's hands are allergic to the ball.

I think he has unrealistic salary expectations based on his time at United, he doesn't need the money so he can take a bit of time off and fundamentally his stock isn't super high right now. I'm sure he will be back at a top-ish club in the next year or so.

fez

fez

Caporegime
DDG has rejected offers though, I think he's quite happy to just enjoy newly married life if a good opportunity doesn't come along.

Well of course he has. So has master Lingard. What were those offers though? Who were they from? He was on £375k/week at United. I would be amazed if he was getting offers of more than £150k/week even considering the fact he is a free agent.

Man of Honour
I was thinking a few days ago that this was the most underwhelming / nondescript transfer window I can remember, it basically passed me by with minimal fanfare.

As for Borja I thought he looked decent at Saints. Not worth £50m but anyone who has kicked a ball in the PL seems to be considered a £30m player these days.

Last edited:
Soldato
I was thinking a few days ago that this was the most underwhelming / nondescript transfer window I can remember, it basically passed me by with minimal fanfare.

As for Borja I thought he looked decent at Saints. Not worth £50m but anyone who has kicked a ball in the PL seems to be considered a £30m player these days.

Yeah, even this thread is only on 4 pages. These transfer threads are usually in double digits!

Back
Top Bottom