Winter Transfer Window 23/24

Associate
That Leeds season was fantastic that got him the move. He was superb. I would have been happy for Newcastle to take a punt on him but guess they don’t want to risk it.
City is just another level though mate. I'm a City fan and we are such a well oiled machine with every player having very strict instructions. That's why Grealish took a season.

The problem for Phillips is he has shown absolutely zero promise. Just looks completely overwhelmed by it all.

Soldato
Wow. That’s more than what we paid if I recall correctly. Think we paid 12 less I’m getting euros and GBP mixed up.

Edit before the accountants come in. We paid 12m gbp. Not sure of the inflation rate but at today exchange rate that offer is roughly 12.8millon.

That will be hard to turn down if correct

TBH for a 33 year old, we would be stupid to turn that down.

Soldato
OP
TBH for a 33 year old, we would be stupid to turn that down.
And rejected. Obviously we not that hard up as that was a pretty decent offer!!!!

Might come down to player choice now if they come back with an improved offer. He owes us nothing. Took a paycut and helped pull us out of relegation and give us a spin in the champions league :D

Last edited:
Soldato
And rejected. Obviously we not that hard up as that was a pretty decent offer!!!!

Might come down to player choice now if they come back with an improved offer. He owes us nothing. Took a paycut and helped pull us out of relegation and give us a spin in the champions league :D

Don’t get me wrong I love Tripps, and he took a gamble on us, but at 33 and getting more than we paid for him, we would be stupid to turn it down, unless we feel there is another bid coming. we have Tino to step in and Ashby coming back in the summer from loan.

Soldato
OP
Don’t get me wrong I love Tripps, and he took a gamble on us, but at 33 and getting more than we paid for him, we would be stupid to turn it down, unless we feel there is another bid coming. we have Tino to step in and Ashby coming back in the summer from loan.
I’m fine either way. Club obviously not that hard up.

I was right!! We signed a player this window who hoo we got our midfielder :D

Soldato
I think to call him "absolute pony" is harsh. He's barely played for Chelsea and did alright for a poor Southampton side. Still v young...but i agree he isnt worth that. They need to be slicing it in half.

Soldato
I think to call him "absolute pony" is harsh. He's barely played for Chelsea and did alright for a poor Southampton side. Still v young...but i agree he isnt worth that. They need to be slicing it in half.
Yeah your probably right its harsh and edited, he’s young, but he’s not worth £40m though and Chelsea are kidding themselves if they hold firm on that price, if they were asking £20-25m he’s probably worth a punt

Last edited:
Don
There's plenty of players they can sell but coming back to the discussion earlier, they just can't sell them for enough to justify selling them. They really need to shift some of their academy players but the problem they have is the ones that people want, they don't want to sell. These stories about demanding £40m for Broja or £35m for Maatsen is nothing more than posturing on their part.

Associate
I think I speak on behalf of most city fans (all 3 of of us yeah yeah) when I say I wish Philips all the best and hope he can reignite his career. It's a shame he's not been able to or had much opportunity to make an impact. That is in part because Rodri has been so immense, but in part he hasn't been trusted.

Caporegime
I think I speak on behalf of most city fans (all 3 of of us yeah yeah) when I say I wish Philips all the best and hope he can reignite his career. It's a shame he's not been able to or had much opportunity to make an impact. That is in part because Rodri has been so immense, but in part he hasn't been trusted.
If Pep knew he was going back in the summer, there’s a good chance Rice would be wearing a blue top instead of a red one.

Back
Top Bottom