World first QD-OLED monitor from Dell and Samsung (34 inch Ultrawide 175hz)

Associate
If only Samsung would release S90c or s95c in 40-42 inch or Alienware would release 38-39 inch 21:9 qd oled monitor. That is why I am hesitant - the loss of color volume and brightness, also highlights won't be as bright on C4 42 inch as on my DW.

Last edited:
Associate
If only Samsung would release S90c or s95c in 40-42 inch or Alienware would release 38-39 inch 21:9 qd oled monitor. That is why I am hesitant - the loss of color volume and brightness, also highlights won't be as bright on C4 42 inch as on my DW.

Aren't Samsung releasing 42" and 48" panels on their latest line-up?

Associate
ahh I see that (according to the article) - so the panel will be pretty much the same as an lg (which I have a c2 currently). Thanks too bad as I have a s90c as my main tv (movie watching) and the colors are much better on it then my lgc2.

Associate
I first ordered my DW in March 2022 and got it delivered in August 2022. It seems logical to assume that my warranty lasts until August 2025, right? Is there any way I can confirm it? (purchased directly from Dell in my country)

Last edited:
Caporegime
Firmware details:

1. Fix synchronization issue between DDM and OSD
2. Update HDR behavior
3. Fix issue of monitor shows different sharpness effect between left and right side of screen.
4. Clarify warning message due to thermal behavior

Sounds like it's worth installing with the different sharpness effect fix. The "Update HDR behavior" also sounds interesting. If it adjusts dimming behavior in HDR1000 to be less aggressive then it's a must. Hopefully one of the review sites like RTings will test it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Same did the firmware update last night, no issues.

I can't install the Alienware display manager as it messes with the monitor sleep cycle. Whenever i install it, the monitor won't go to sleep via the windows power settings. It just ignores it and the monitor stays on.

Anyone had this issue and know a fix?

Back
Top Bottom