XBOX Gamepass Ultimate conversion is back for £1

Soldato
I think sub numbers will drop right off. GPU is not worth anywhere near what they charge for the vast majority of people, most of the games are fillers. I firmly believe buying and selling the games you actually want to play via via ebay will work out much cheaper overall.
I feel it is quite similar to the old game rental companies where you'd get your third choice game and by the time you had sent it back you could have bought it with what you'd paid for your sub :D

Caporegime
I think sub numbers will drop right off. GPU is not worth anywhere near what they charge for the vast majority of people, most of the games are fillers. I firmly believe buying and selling the games you actually want to play via via ebay will work out much cheaper overall.
I feel it is quite similar to the old game rental companies where you'd get your third choice game and by the time you had sent it back you could have bought it with what you'd paid for your sub :D

I am happy to pay up to like £50 a year, like PSN, to get online gaming element, and a few free decent PSN games thrown in over the course of the year. £10 a month for the core though....that's pushing it a bit. I will use the remaining 9 months for Starfield to see if I like it enough to buy the game, but since I seldom play the Xbox anyway, i might only subscribe once or twice a year to play the exclusive for the launch and then cancel.

Caporegime
I am happy to pay up to like £50 a year, like PSN, to get online gaming element, and a few free decent PSN games thrown in over the course of the year. £10 a month for the core though....that's pushing it a bit. I will use the remaining 9 months for Starfield to see if I like it enough to buy the game, but since I seldom play the Xbox anyway, i might only subscribe once or twice a year to play the exclusive for the launch and then cancel.
I loaded up with 3 years pre-COVID, barely played anything and haven't missed it since it expired. Given they've stopped the 1:1 conversion I'll just buy the odd title now.

Associate
Tough times ahead for gaming subscription services. If the "filler" dries up are we just left with a Starfield every few years?

Caporegime
Last edited:
Soldato
I feel the same. It's difficult to see where or to whom MS is pitching GPU at now. I can see the appeal if you have a family with a couple of kids but in these times when games are generally getting poorer and pretty much the only thing in life that is getting cheaper for most it is extremely hard to justify.
There are what, 3 or 4 games a year worth buying nowadays? Here a game on release day is $79. A pint in my local is $14 and our weekly grocery shop is $350. It always seemed as if MS were targeting the kids from the 90's who now have decent disposable incomes but less available time than when they were teens. Hence the price of a new game in comparison to other living expenses is almost negligible. I can chuck it on Ebay a few weeks later and get at least $50 back for it. Last time I did this I lost $10 on TLOU PS5 remake after it giving me 20 hours of enjoyment. Why would I want to pay $20 per month for GPU?

Soldato
I just did the 3 years of Gold from CD Keys purchase then restarted GP Ultimate which I had a free trial for due to getting a new laptop. The 12 month codes from CD Keys come as 4 x 3 months still.

My games pass had expired a while ago.

It only let me enter 11 of the 12 three month gold codes before saying I had reached my limit (showed as Aug 2026 in my account page)

Started my GP Ultimate Free trial and via conversions my expiry is end Nov 2025.

So a 3:2 conversion when allowing for the extra months free from subscribe to auto renewal billing etc.

Soldato
Is this possible....

My partner exclusively uses an Xbox Series X, and it's hers and it's all she's interested in.

I game on PC and also like to use xCloud.

Is it possible to just have 1 GPU subscription?

Associate
Is this possible....

My partner exclusively uses an Xbox Series X, and it's hers and it's all she's interested in.

Yep, it's possible. I don't do it personally, but know a few who do. Think it involves signing in on yours and hers and setting a home account. Sure there's plenty online about it.

Associate
Is this possible....

Buy GPU on 1 account.

Use that account on pc.

Sign into that account on the Xbox and set it as home account on the Xbox. Then sign into another account (you'll still have access to all your games) and game away..

You can't use the same Xbox account on pc and Xbox at the same time to game.

Last edited:
Soldato
Back
Top Bottom