XBOX Gamepass Ultimate conversion is back for £1

Soldato
Did you check it’s not adding it as a monthly charge to your BT subscription?

I'll keep an eye out but this would be the first month they'd charge it if they are going to try, there wasn't anything on last months bill.

I also disabled auto-renew (and have an email from them confirming I disabled this last year) so if they try and charge me, I will get it refunded/turned off.

Interestingly I can't even see anything at all about the game pass stuff in the BT website when I sign in, but it can be a little rubbish at times.

Last edited:
Can't type for toffee
Don

£28.99 for 12 month seems to be the cheapest atm

@HungryHippos the autor enew thing wont matter, its a 12 month rolling sub via BT, so unless it's been cancelled you should see a charge on the BT Bill.
I think its My Services > Broadband on MyBT

Soldato

£28.99 for 12 month seems to be the cheapest atm

@HungryHippos the autor enew thing wont matter, its a 12 month rolling sub via BT, so unless it's been cancelled you should see a charge on the BT Bill.
Ahh ok. So I basically holiday in Turkey, buy and stack 3 and redeem while I'm there and then also purchase a single GPU and I'm good?

Soldato

I don't see anything here on my end, doesn't show up at all :)

I did cancel it already via disable auto renew last year, the email from BT said this, seems pretty conclusive that they shouldn't or can't charge me for this.

We've stopped your monthly subscription to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, but you'll still be able to use it until 25 Feb 2024.

Can't type for toffee
Don
Ahh ok. So I basically holiday in Turkey, buy and stack 3 and redeem while I'm there and then also purchase a single GPU and I'm good?
Aye make sure your GPU has lapsed first tho

The last time I did it was
Grab those keys from CDKeys
Switch your MS Acc to Turkey via Acc options log out and back in just to be safe
Redeem the codes - should show as 36month Came Pass Core now I believe
Switch country back
Then just use a 99p code, free trial or w/e of GPU and it should all change, albeit to 2yr from what I've read

Soldato
Aye make sure your GPU has lapsed first tho

The last time I did it was
Grab those keys from CDKeys
Switch your MS Acc to Turkey via Acc options log out and back in just to be safe
Redeem the codes - should show as 36month Came Pass Core now I believe
Switch country back
Then just use a 99p code, free trial or w/e of GPU and it should all change, albeit to 2yr from what I've read
OK, thanks for this, especially point 3. What is the w/e bit? 14 day trial or something? I was simply going to buy a 1 month pass from cdkeys UK for 9 quid.

Soldato
Seems Microsoft have nerfed the rewards quite a bit, the play with friends thing is gone, which was 275 points per day (250 for that + 25 for play a game).

This is on top of 3rd party redemptions costing more now. For example Amazon £10 card was 15200 points and is now 16250.

Need to recalculate how many points I get without the gaming stuff, I think it's still sort of worth getting some as time investment is quite small. The old sit in AOE lobby thing was a proper pain to do as well really, so in a way glad that is gone.

Associate
Seems Microsoft have nerfed the rewards quite a bit, the play with friends thing is gone, which was 275 points per day (250 for that + 25 for play a game).

This is on top of 3rd party redemptions costing more now. For example Amazon £10 card was 15200 points and is now 16250.

Need to recalculate how many points I get without the gaming stuff, I think it's still sort of worth getting some as time investment is quite small. The old sit in AOE lobby thing was a proper pain to do as well really, so in a way glad that is gone.
The effective points total has been almost halved with the recent changes - this includes the loss of reward streaks, increased redemption costs etc. As a consequence I don't think it is possible now to use points to upkeep GPU monthly - even with auto redeem ( which I'm certain will get nerfed if it remains an "escape route" ). I've decided to abandon the MS Rewards program and Xbox ecosystem - I will sell my Series X soon. To be honest, the writing has been on the wall for 6+ months ... plus I still think Xbox will become a 3rd party developer and leave the console hardware space within the next few years. I'll stick with PC, PS5 & Switch on the side. My sub for GPU doesn't run out until the end of 2026, so plenty of time to wait and see what the future holds. But as things stand I'm likely to let my GPU sub lapse.

Last edited:
Soldato
The effective points total has been almost halved with the recent changes - this includes the loss of reward streaks, increased redemption costs etc. As a consequence I don't think it is possible now to use points to upkeep GPU monthly - even with auto redeem ( which I'm certain will get nerfed if it remains an "escape route" ). I've decided to abandon the MS Rewards program and Xbox ecosystem - I will sell my Series X soon. To be honest, the writing has been on the wall for 6+ months ... plus I still think Xbox will become a 3rd party developer and leave the console hardware space within the next few years. I'll stick with PC, PS5 & Switch on the side. My sub for GPU doesn't run out until the end of 2026, so plenty of time to wait and see what the future holds. But as things stand I'm likely to let my GPU sub lapse.

I'll probably still do some as they don't take much time and I get the 90 points per day for searches via my Script method anyway. If that ever got killed off I'd probably stop.

The possible returns are now very low though, and it's barely worth bothering with to be honest.

Soldato
OK, so I've read back over the last page or so but I just want to make sure my understanding is correct if anyone could confirm?

My existing GPU subscription is due to expire soon (I did the 3-year Xbox Gold sub 3 years ago and then bought a one-off Game Pass Ultimate subscription to upgrade the whole lot)

Is it basically the same process again this time around? I'd read somewhere that Xbox Gold essentially didn't exist anymore?

I know I've done this before but honestly can't quite remember how I did it 3 years ago!

Soldato
OK, so I've read back over the last page or so but I just want to make sure my understanding is correct if anyone could confirm?

My existing GPU subscription is due to expire soon (I did the 3-year Xbox Gold sub 3 years ago and then bought a one-off Game Pass Ultimate subscription to upgrade the whole lot)

Is it basically the same process again this time around? I'd read somewhere that Xbox Gold essentially didn't exist anymore?

I know I've done this before but honestly can't quite remember how I did it 3 years ago!

I *think* that if you have no sub and you add core or gold, then you can convert to ultimate but it's at a ratio of 3 years becomes 2 years of GPU where it used to be 1:1.

So whatever adds core or gold to 3 years for the cheapest rate is probably best.

Soldato
I *think* that if you have no sub and you add core or gold, then you can convert to ultimate but it's at a ratio of 3 years becomes 2 years of GPU where it used to be 1:1.

So whatever adds core or gold to 3 years for the cheapest rate is probably best.
Yes I believe this to be correct too.
Need to let your current sub expire. I did it last year and got 3:2 buying 12 x 3 month subs from CDKeys was the cheapest way I found without a VPN.

Soldato
Thanks for the replies - so basically I need to let the subscription expire, buy 3 x Xbox Gold/Core and then a month's worth of GPU and I'll get 2 years of GPU and then, presumably, a single year of just the online access?

Soldato
Thanks for the replies - so basically I need to let the subscription expire, buy 3 x Xbox Gold/Core and then a month's worth of GPU and I'll get 2 years of GPU and then, presumably, a single year of just the online access?
Almost. Let it expire, buy the subs and activate them. Then it offers the conversion choice when you purchase 1 month of GPU. Then it converts the entire balance to 25 months of GPU so you forfeit that last year.

Back
Top Bottom