XBOX Gamepass Ultimate conversion is back for £1

Soldato
Does anyone have Game Pass via BT Broadband? My parents have just upgraded and got a 6 month Game Pass sub included which they're not going to be using, so I'm wondering if can I use the same trick of adding Gold to my account first first then adding the BT Game Pass sub so it converts it all?

Soldato
Does anyone have Game Pass via BT Broadband? My parents have just upgraded and got a 6 month Game Pass sub included which they're not going to be using, so I'm wondering if can I use the same trick of adding Gold to my account first first then adding the BT Game Pass sub so it converts it all?

No that doesn't work. BT take control of your sub and then pass it back to you once it's over, so it pauses what you have.

Associate
Argentina/ Brazil gamepass vouchers? or live to gamepass? I thought they stopped the conversions
it's no longer a 1:1 conversion. My son just got 2 yrs ultimate from converting 3yrs of gold. We didn't go around the world though, just bought 3x1yrs gold FOR £114 (£37.99 each from cd keys)...works out £4.75 a month rather than £12.99...when you add the gold it automatically gets converted into game pass core(rather than gold), which you then upgrade to ultimate

Soldato
For some reason, even though my 12 month game pass ultimate via BT ended late Feb, my subscription still seems to work.

Not sure if I had leftover time from before I activated it, or if it's just being slow at realising it's ended.

Just using it for my 275 points per day thing until that 100 heroes game comes out.

Can't type for toffee
Don
it's no longer a 1:1 conversion. My son just got 2 yrs ultimate from converting 3yrs of gold. We didn't go around the world though, just bought 3x1yrs gold FOR £114 (£37.99 each from cd keys)...works out £4.75 a month rather than £12.99...when you add the gold it automatically gets converted into game pass core(rather than gold), which you then upgrade to ultimate
So you convert the xbl to gpcore, was there another charge to upgrade to gpu? Or was it the old way of adding the 99p or 2 week or w/e of gpu to convert the lot

Associate
I’ve got approx 1 year remaining from my initial haul of gamepass purchases. Glad to see that there is still cheeky ways to keep it going. Although I don’t seem to use it so much, it’s nice that it’s there.
I did notice that you can get a nice EE sim only deal that comes with gamepass. Using the BT customer deal that posted on the internet it works out approx £21 a month. Pretty decent!

Soldato
So my membership expired and I'm trying to better understand this as looking at cdkeys as an example; It appears GP Core 12 months costs the same as XBG 12 months, so surely it is cheaper to buy 2 x GPC rather than 3 x XBG and then upgrade to GPU if the end result is 2 years worth of membership?

e: Upon further inspection, 3 years worth of XBL or GPC is required for the 3:2 conversion when upgrading top GPU. Looks like GPC or XBL act the same for the method and seemingly cost the same too.

Last edited:
Associate
For some reason, even though my 12 month game pass ultimate via BT ended late Feb, my subscription still seems to work.

Not sure if I had leftover time from before I activated it, or if it's just being slow at realising it's ended.

Just using it for my 275 points per day thing until that 100 heroes game comes out.
Did you check it’s not adding it as a monthly charge to your BT subscription?

Back
Top Bottom