XBOX Gamepass Ultimate conversion is back for £1

Soldato
Not sure, but seems stacking is still possible here at least.

To be honest I fully expect the game pass price to increase soon, because addition of Blizzard/Activision stuff, and also EA price for their sub is going up a lot as well.

There is a real risk that it's going to get too big for it's own good though, and you'll wind up with stuff you don't really care about such as EA.

Last edited:
Soldato
WARNING! *sighs*
Tried this morning with stacking xbox gold live codes via Turkey and failed!
First code redeemed successfully but when attempting to add another it throws a "Hold off extending this right now". Cursory glance seems to suggest a soft lock for Turkey to 13 months maximum although not read anything official anywhere.

e: Here's the MS Link. Indeed 13 is the maximum now for Turkey; I guess this was updated very recently. ):

"Game Pass Core, Game Pass for Console, and PC Game Pass can be extended to a maximum of 36 months in all countries where they're available except for the following, where the limit is 13 months: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Singapore, Taiwan, and Türkiye."

e2: Bit of a pain in the neck but I also had a to purchase a 1 month GPU (TR) for £8.99 and redeem it in Turkey, which translates to a full year of GPU (not sure how that worked) for £38.98. Still have a second XBL 12m (TR); hopefully this does not expire and I'll muddle through next year.

e3: Initially GPU expiry read 4/13/2025 but after checking console and then refreshing PC, it has actually dropped to 1/13/2025. So 9 months which translates to £4.33 per month. Happier.

Last edited:
Associate
I didn't think that many people were jumping through the Turkish VPN hoops but I guess enough were for them to take notice and put a stop to it.

Soldato
OK, so before I do this I just want to understand the process - the best (read: cheapest) way to get Game Pass Ultimate is to buy 3-years' worth of "Game Pass Core", activate all 3 codes and then buy and activate a single month of Game Pass Ultimate and this magically converts to 2 years of a Game Pass Ultimate subscription?

Do you just lose the last 12 months of the "Core" cover or does this continue but you lose access to the GPU games etc?

Also, since I have an existing subscription (from doing the same sort of thing 3 years ago), do I need to wait until the day after the sub expires to do all this or can I do it now and it will just carry on?

Thanks....

*edit* - ignore, I've read back over the thread (including a previous query by me!) and think I'm understanding things right and I just need to let the membership expire!

Last edited:
Soldato
OK, so before I do this I just want to understand the process - the best (read: cheapest) way to get Game Pass Ultimate is to buy 3-years' worth of "Game Pass Core", activate all 3 codes and then buy and activate a single month of Game Pass Ultimate and this magically converts to 2 years of a Game Pass Ultimate subscription?

Do you just lose the last 12 months of the "Core" cover or does this continue but you lose access to the GPU games etc?

3 years core becomes 2 years GPU as I understand it, that is the conversion, you don't get an extra 12 months of core tacked on the end, that is lost when you convert it.

I am not sure on your other question as to what it does if you try and redeeem core on top of an already running GPU sub, maybe someone else knows.

Associate
3 years core becomes 2 years GPU as I understand it, that is the conversion, you don't get an extra 12 months of core tacked on the end, that is lost when you convert it.

I am not sure on your other question as to what it does if you try and redeeem core on top of an already running GPU sub, maybe someone else knows.
If you redeem Core on top of an active GPU account you get extra days added ( up to maximum of 3 years ). Can't remember the conversion rate - I think it's something like 50 days for 3 months of Core.

Soldato
If you redeem Core on top of an active GPU account you get extra days added ( up to maximum of 3 years ). Can't remember the conversion rate - I think it's something like 50 days for 3 months of Core.

So theoretically I can either wait until my sub ends and then buy the 3 years of Core and a month of GPU, or do the above but get a slightly worse conversion rate??

Associate
Does anyone think that Microsoft is allowing this loophole, because they know that more and more people are moving away from Xbox, and so they allow this to tie people into the ecosystem?

Associate
I personally think it's a shame, because I've been with Xbox since day one,and the first Xbox was fantastic. Playing Splinter Cell in my flat at night will always stay with me. And Halo, Panzer Dragoon Orta,Dead or Alive Ultimate, Project Gotham Racing, Rallisport Challenge, even Half Life 2 and Doom 3,and loads more games. All the multiplats were better on Xbox. Colin McRae 04 was epic on Xbox with a CRT.Then 360 trounced the competition. Then came the Xbox one. Dear god I remember watching the reveal. It was a Trainwreck. And they've never recovered from that. TV TV TV lol.
*I have all of the above games on my shelves and a lot more btw.

Last edited:
Associate
Does anyone think that Microsoft is allowing this loophole, because they know that more and more people are moving away from Xbox, and so they allow this to tie people into the ecosystem?
In short, no. This loophole has been in place for years but the terms are now much less favourable for the consumer. On top of this, the MS Rewards program has been gutted the last few months - used to be able to easily afford GPU just by doing the various activities. I think Xbox will lose a lot of subs due to this.

Last edited:
Associate
In short, no. This loophole has been in place for years but the terms are now much less favourable for the consumer. On top of this, the MS Rewards program has been gutted the last few months - used to be able to easily afford GPU just by doing the various activities. I think Xbox will lose a lot of subs due to this.
I was actually doing all the stupid questionnaires and stuff on bing and amassed some points,wonder if I've got enough for anything useful... I remember wasting loads on some lottery thing or something.

*Also isn't the Series X and S getting trounced in sales by the PS5? (Series S lol what a waste of time)

Last edited:
Soldato
Totally agree. Its not really a loophole anyway, more of an enticement to lock you in at a favourable rate in the hope you set and forget or at least keep your sub going because you had it cheap for the first couple of years. I've been a subscriber since series x launch day and have two and a bit years left. Won't be renewing. GP is trash imo. I reckon I've probably downloaded a dozen games in that time and other than the Forza Horizon games and Back 4 Blood have barely played any.

Back
Top Bottom