Yakuza | Like A Dragon - Infinite Wealth | OT

Soldato
Anyone else picking this up ? Got my copy paid for and ready to download :) looking forward to Friday !

It’s also getting great reviews, which is excellent.

Soldato
I gave in and preordered. No idea what time the download will become available. It’ll take me half a day on my connection though!

Can’t wait to play although I’m not entirely happy they moved location to Hawaii. Time will tell I gue….Kiryu chan!!!

Edit: Got it downloaded so just that countdown timer boss to defeat now.

Last edited:
Soldato
Waiting on it. Love Yakuza but in no rush as I have lots to play, TBH. Also not a big fan of changing the setting to outside Japan. It doesn't work that well for a series whose big part is immersion in real locations around Japan and suddenly we're in Hawaii and everyone understands and speaks Japanese.

I know it's not that big of a deal and some suspension of disbelief is always required but they should've gone with Okinawa for a similar vibe while staying consistent with the series' roots.

Hawaii actually has a somewhat significant Japanese population but knowing that I'll be playing the game fully in Japanese, I feel it might irk me a bit along the way.

A must play in my book anyways but at a later date.

Associate
I thought it was on Game Pass along with the last game but I was mistaken. Really positive reviews and I liked what I played in the demo so I'll probably pick it up on Friday.

Soldato
OP
I thought it was on Game Pass along with the last game but I was mistaken. Really positive reviews and I liked what I played in the demo so I'll probably pick it up on Friday.
Thankfully it’s not - release day/day one gp devalues the games imo.

Mines all ready and downloaded. Looking forward to tomorrow.

Associate
Just bought it for 40.99 on steam forgot I had a £20 credit for my xbox account, maybe it'd have been cheaper there but not sure.

I enjoyed all the other games I tried on gamepass and thought this was going to be on there as well. Until I discovered it wasn't listed as an upcoming release yesterday.

Currently downloading and luckily no work until Monday so I will play this for 75% of the next 3 days.

Soldato
Few more hours to go :D

Edit: Lol, I am meant to be going to the Survivor club but instead have been running around Isezaki Ijincho for the past hour just beating up bad guys and collecting suitcases :D It's good to be back!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Few more hours to go :D

Edit: Lol, I am meant to be going to the Survivor club but instead have been running around Isezaki Ijincho for the past hour just beating up bad guys and collecting suitcases :D It's good to be back!
That’s great ! Are you gonna get around to playing the game ? Edit. Crap joke :D

Loving this so much. The returning characters. Adachi and nanba are awesome as always! Damn I’ve missed this.

Last edited:
Soldato
Ive never played a Yakusa game, i know the type of game they are..not sure if this is a good time to jump in with them but there are so many I dont even know where to start.

Soldato
OP
I personally finished 7 before this one. But, I haven’t played any previous titles, and I don’t feel lost / missing out. I mean it would be beneficial to have played them, sure, but I don’t think it is essential ? Maybe someone else can chime in.

Finally after 20 or so hours…

I have unlocked jobs ! Just shy of chapter six I believe. Haven’t unlocked that island yet. Love the new some of the new jobs but haven’t been able to unlock too many yet.

Soldato
How critical is it to have finished the last LAD before playing this ? Never finished it, but I did enjoy the game.
Every Yakuza is its own story but with a series of familiar characters and a map/world/city that remains the same but slightly evolves over time. Like a Dragon was a departure from this and brought in a new character and city. I would finish LAD and then jump onto this because you'll be more versed with the characters in that, along with the turn based combat.

I am on Chapter4 taking it easy. The game being set in Hawaii still feels odd to me but I do miss Ijincho a lot. It feels a LOT slower in terms of story progression. I am hoping it picks up as I haven't got jobs yet and I haven't seen a main sidegame that I can spend a ton of time in. The Sujimon Pokemon style game doesn't really attract me at all.

Back
Top Bottom